Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forced subtitles are shown regardless of current player setting, typically when movie contains a foreign language scene.

Feature of makemkv, that would be perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Leeb18509 View Post
      Alright, let's cut out all the bullshit and get down to it. This isn't a forum for "DVDShrink" I.E. it's not free software. We paid for it, at least $60US minimum. I, and others expect that something we paid for WORKS. Since I don't speak Mandarain Chinese, or Arabic I need those silly forced subtitles to show up on the screen when I watch a movie. This isn't an option.

I can personally verify that if you rip Ironman as a "Full Disc" (BLU-RAY TO BLU-RAY) you will get the forced subtitles proplerly in the movie.

BUT, if you rip Ironman in "Main Movie" mode you WILL NOT. So explain to us how this isn't a fault of DVDFAB? The One click software solution for backing up Blu-ray movies that we all paid for? I don't give a crap about Avatar or the latest Blu-ray to hit the stores, I'm talking about movies that have been out for years. Kill Bill is the same way. No subtitles when needed. So how is this not a fault in the DVDFab software? And when will it be acknowledged and fixed?

I'm referring to discs burnt on my PC with IMGBurn and played on a Pioneer BDP-320. I need to compress my backups to 25GB like 99.9% of us do. DVDFab Main movie mode should be all you need to do but it's broken and I'm waiting for somebody to tell me it's fixed.

Why isn't this basic feature working in this software, and when will it be?
      Well put. I am considering purchasing DVDFab, but holding off until this issue is resolved. I want to make a "movie-only" backup of a blu-ray disc onto a BD25 for playback in my PS3. I don't care about software players, or playing off the hard drive. Like you said here, forced subtitles are kept in FULL backup mode, but we should have the option to keep them in MOVIE ONLY mode as well. There are a lot of movies that have forced subtitles (Avatar, 2012, Kill Bill, Iron Man and more). One of the features listed in "Blu-ray to Mobile" is * New: Added support for "Display only forced subpicture". We just want the same feature for Blu-ray to Blu-ray!

Also, quick question: Does DVDFab Blu-ray to Blu-ray play back OK on PS3?
      Last edited by jedisinclair; 05-15-2010, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leeb18509 View Post
        Alright, let's cut out all the bullshit and get down to it....
        Why isn't this basic feature working in this software, and when will it be?
        I understand your frustration but you are directing your angst at the wrong people. This is a user forum where other users and volunteers are trying to help and have no information on when something will be fixed (unless the poster is Ting or Fengtao from DVDFab).

What is known is that Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray is on the front burner for development right now (take a look at the change list for the latest betas). Do keep in mind that what DVDFab is trying to do is something the Blu-Ray manufacturers do not want them to do. This is very complex stuff, especially with the GPU acceleration that makes things convert so fast.

Having said all that, I would now ask you to adjust the tone of your posts.

Comment

Dear all,

For "Full Disc", "force subtitle" always works.

If you want "forced subtitle" in "Main Movie" copy, you need select English (or other language) subtitle to include it in your backup.

When you play the backup, you don't need enable the English subtitle, and forced subtitle will be shown when needed.

For "Blu-ray to Mobile", you can also include "forced subtitle" by selecting the English subtitle and check "Display forced subtitle only".

Best Regards,
          Fengtao
          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Thank you for the post. I completely understand that this is how it is supposed to work, and it would make perfect sense. However, I always select all of the english subtitles when I use "Main Movie" to backup and compress, even if there is more than one. It just isn't working for me.

I made 2 complete and seperate backup ISO,'s of Ironman last night. One as a "full disc" and one as "main Movie" (to BD 25). I played them both in PowerDVD. The full disc forced subtitles worked normally. The "Main Movie" ISO forced subtitles were not shown. I've done the same thing with both Kill Bill's and got the same result. I was using the latest released version of DVDFab.

Thanks again for posting.

Comment

Leeb is right. They do NOT work even if you include all subtitle streams. The reason is there are forced subtitles within one of the subtitle tracks. The only way I've found to get them is to follow a guide I found from someone else.

[removed]
              Last edited by Complication; 05-16-2010, 02:35 PM. Reason: removed non-allowed software references

Comment

Dear all,

We will check this issue asap, thank you all for the feedback.

Best Regards,
                Fengtao
                DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.

Comment

I just made a main movie copy of Avatar with all subtitles. I play the backup on sony blu-ray player, and turn off subtitle, when people say Navi, the English subtitle is shown, so it looks no problem.

Comment

I just wanted to add my 2 cents.
                    Today I make my first BluRay to BluRay (main movie only ISO) to HDD.
                    When I play the movie in PowerDVD, I have no sound, but forced subtitles are shown.
                    If I play the movie in my Mede8er and Tvix N1, the forced subtitles are not shown.
                    I think this is strange. I know try MakeMKV to see if it than works, cause this app shows me forced subtitles in the ISO.

Comment

@fengtao
                      Same thing here, works like a charm.

@Lord-D
                      Please read earlier posts of this thread. Software players can't see forced subs in original format, it have to be modified to .ass
                      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

How can I do this?

Comment

Yes, subs are there, but for whatever reason (you can see my earlier posts with explanation) they were not re-sized properly for some users... So if you want to put some extra effort and re-mux them - look in your PM.
                          sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Hi,

I don't have problems with Avatar, I have problems with Dragon Wars to put only forced Subtitles in. Can you explain how to extract forced subtitles and convert into ass or sub?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord-D View Post
                              Hi,

I don't have problems with Avatar, I have problems with Dragon Wars to put only forced Subtitles in. Can you explain how to extract forced subtitles and convert into ass or sub?
                              Well the principal is the same and applies on any movie with forced sup mishap. First you have to extract it either with HdBrStreamExtractor or tsMuxerGUI or other similar soft, depends on format of original content, or just go to the Web, find it and "extract" it from there.
                              And when you have it, mux it in following steps that I gave you.
                              sigpic

Comment

Extracting is no problem, but which application for converting, it must find the forced subtitles in the SUP file.

Comment

Working...
                                X