This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

analyzing problem

I'm having the same problem..DVDFab will analyze the decrypted blu ray movie i have saved on my hard drive- but the analyzing only goes for like a minute or so...It then goes thru a couple of mts files and crashes....I get an error report screen, which I fill out, and then send...and the error report always gets bounced back to my email..I used a blu ray movie I had to experiment....With the actual blu ray I was able to compress the blu ray and make a copy...When I took this same blu ray and decrypted it to the hard drive and then tried to use dvd fab to make a copy it failed as I explained above...Is this a bug???

lebb
    Are you using the latest beta it has a crash fix for blu-ray in certain cases? You will find it here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=5371
    Also when installing, instead of clicking run click save then open the folder and right click and install the programs as administrator.
    Give it a try and post back.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Yup, I'm using the latest beta....Here's another strange thing....I like to decrypt my blu rays to the hard drive and then back them up....In this new beta version it takes 3 or 4 hours to decrypt to the hard drive...In earlier versions it only took around 40 or 50 minutes to decrypt to the hard drive...Am I doing something wrong??? This makes no sense to me, or my settings are screwed up...I have a couple of bd50 blu rays that I wanted to back up and I saved them on the hard drive in anticipation of the full compression feature to bd25..These won't work either...Either my settings are screwed up, I'm doing something wrong or there are still many bugs in the new beta..3- 4 hours to decrypt to the hard drive doesn't seem right based on my earlier experiences..

Comment

Posts move to its own thread.

Comment

Originally posted by lebb View Post
          Yup, I'm using the latest beta....Here's another strange thing....I like to decrypt my blu rays to the hard drive and then back them up....In this new beta version it takes 3 or 4 hours to decrypt to the hard drive...In earlier versions it only took around 40 or 50 minutes to decrypt to the hard drive...Am I doing something wrong??? This makes no sense to me, or my settings are screwed up...I have a couple of bd50 blu rays that I wanted to back up and I saved them on the hard drive in anticipation of the full compression feature to bd25..These won't work either...Either my settings are screwed up, I'm doing something wrong or there are still many bugs in the new beta..3- 4 hours to decrypt to the hard drive doesn't seem right based on my earlier experiences..
          lebb,
          when you ripping your BD to HDD, make sure you're using following settings: Blu-ray to Blu-ray, Full Disc, BD50 output size, Quality 100%.
          If this is what you use and having trouble, please try to reset DMA. For that go to Common Settings -> General -> Reset DMA button on right hand side of the window.
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Does this mean the blu rays I have already ripped to the hard drive will not work???? Do I need to rip them again??? Blu ray is a very confusing format...

Comment

Does this mean the blu rays I have already ripped to the hard drive will not work???? Do I need to rip them again??? Blu ray is a very confusing format...
              Who are you asking and in a response to what post. Use "quote" in a future to avoid confusion
              sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Start DVDFab in BD Main Movie mode and see if it will work correctly. If youjkust want to burn the Full Disc rips, use ImgBurn. I suspect this is not what you are trying to do given the cost of the 50GB blanks. The compression feature you need will be available in DVDFab before too long.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I used a blu ray movie I had to experiment....With the actual blu ray I was able to compress the blu ray and make a copy...When I took this same blu ray and decrypted it to the hard drive and then tried to use dvd fab to make a copy it failed as I explained above...Is this a bug???
                  I'm a little confused are you trying to make a copy from a copy, or are you using the actual movie itself?
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                    I'm a little confused are you trying to make a copy from a copy, or are you using the actual movie itself?
                    CBR929
                    Here's my deal.....I decrypted a few blu rays I have in the full disc mode to my hard drive weeks ago...I figured when the compression feature was available I'd be able to run those folders, on the hard disc, thru dvd fab and use the bd25 compression feature...This won't happen as dvdfab crashes....Also, in earlier versions of dvdfab I was able to rip a blu ray to my hard drive in like 40 minutes...Now it takes hours since it seems it compresses the blu ray as it goes and copies the compressed blu ray to the hard drive...I kinda think my settings are screwed up somewhere....I'm wondering why dvd fab won't work with folders that are already decrypted that are on my hard drive...And now that I've confused everyone.......

Comment

Others have reported similar problems with some titles when trying to compress from previously processed files. Since this is a beta feature, it may have a few glitches. Please continue to report your results and watch for updates.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

lebb
                        ....Also, in earlier versions of dvdfab I was able to rip a blu ray to my hard drive in like 40 minutes...Now it takes hours since it seems it compresses the blu ray as it goes and copies the compressed blu ray to the hard drive
                        Have you confirmed that your drives are not in PIO mode?
                        You can also check your drives mode by going into device manager IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers click IDE controllers advanced settings and check for DMA, if they are IDE, but make sure you check both of your IDE channels.
                        For Sata in the same folder IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers Serial ATA controllers click the port that has your drive on it, and also check your DMA status.

If it is in PIO mode give this a read through http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=576

I decrypted a few blu rays I have in the full disc mode to my hard drive weeks ago...I figured when the compression feature was available I'd be able to run those folders, on the hard disc, thru dvd fab and use the bd25 compression feature...This won't happen as dvdfab crashes
                        Are you on a desktop or laptop? Compression is very CPU intensive and will create a lot of heat. Is there any way you can monitor your temps?
                        Here is a free program you can install to monitor them http://www.piriform.com/speccy
                        CBR929
                        Last edited by CBR929; 05-11-2010, 01:27 PM. Reason: text

Comment

lebb

You can also check your drives mode by going into device manager IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers click IDE controllers advanced settings and check for DMA, if they are IDE, but make sure you check both of your IDE channels.
                          For Sata in the same folder IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers Serial ATA controllers click the port that has your drive on it, and also check your DMA status.

If it is in PIO mode give this a read through http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=576

My drives are all in DMA mode......I think this has to be a problem with my settings because in earlier versions of dvdfab when I decrypted a blu ray to the hard drive it did not compress it when doing the decryption...even with a bd50...Now it seems that when I decrypt a blu ray to the hard drive it compresses it as it decrypts it and it takes hours..

Are you on a desktop or laptop? Compression is very CPU intensive and will create a lot of heat. Is there any way you can monitor your temps?
                          Here is a free program you can install to monitor them http://www.piriform.com/speccy
                          CBR929
                          I'm on desktop that I built myself...I have no problems doing main movie only from saved blu ray folders on the hard drive...but when I try to use the compression feature on those same saved blu ray folders dvdfab crashes.

Comment

lebb

My drives are all in DMA mode......I think this has to be a problem with my settings because in earlier versions of dvdfab when I decrypted a blu ray to the hard drive it did not compress it when doing the decryption...even with a bd50...Now it seems that when I decrypt a blu ray to the hard drive it compresses it as it decrypts it and it takes hours..

CBR929
                            I'm on desktop that I built..

Comment

lebb
                              I see that this is a problem also in this thread http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=5281
                              You can also try to install an earlier version that worked for you maybe 6.2.1.8, if you need it you will find it here http://www.oldapps.com/dvdfab.php?old_dvdfab=8
                              Hope this helps
                              CBR929

Comment

Working...
                              X