This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7.0.2.7 Decryption Time Slow

I am trying to copy my first blu ray. The movie is Invictus, it has been running for 2.5 hours so far and says it has another 6.5 hours to go. I have a very good burner and computer. Do Blu rays just take this long? Sorry just another newbie question

For starters if you are really using version 7027 you are way behind in the updates.

The latest is V 7060.
    Update from this link.

Comment

Blu-rays have much more video information than DVDs, so they do take longer. You may want to consider a video card upgrade if you are going to be doing much with Blu-ray. Get one with CUDA support; check the DVDFab KnowledgeBase thread about chipset results to see what others are using. CoreAVC decoder is also supported by DVDFab, it can speed up the decoding of some Blu-rays and only costs about $12. And as has been suggested elsewhere, always try the latest driver for your card.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I upgraded the software to 7.0.6.0 and I am currently at 8 hours and I haven't started burning yet. I will check into a new video card. Will that really speed up the processing time that much?

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson4085 View Post
          I upgraded the software to 7.0.6.0 and I am currently at 8 hours and I haven't started burning yet. I will check into a new video card. Will that really speed up the processing time that much?
          Lawson4085, Just curious what is your computer set up like single core, dual qore or quad core? More cores the better. I went from a X2 core AMD 2.1ghz and I upgraded to a X4 AMD 3.2ghz and it made all the difference. what use to take me 20+ hrs now only takes 3 -4 hrs with burn. Another thing is your Blu-ray drive's firmware updated?
          Lancool K-56 case.
          OCZ 700watt PSU.
          MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
          AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
          ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
          16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
          OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
          WD 2TB.
          EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
          LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

I have a AMD 955 black with a Asus mother board slightly overclocked. My weak link is my video card which is a Nivdia Gforce 8500, LG WH10LS30 Blu ray drive. I also only have a 500 watt power supply. 2 hard drives 1 TB and 1 750 gb both at 7200 rpms Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Comment

I forgot to put this don't know if it matters. I have 4gb ddr3 @ 1600

Comment

your power supply seems a lil weak. but maybe amd need less power?

i have a q6600 and it takes me anywhere from 2 hours to 5 hours depending how long the movie is. pirates 3 took 3 hours, avatar took 5 hours, batman begins took 15 min (no compression)

Comment

It's funny that you mention the 8500GT as that's what I upgraded from a few weeks ago. I bought a ATI Radeon 5770 thinking this would improve performance. I was dead wrong. The 8500GT(CUDA enabled) with a E7500 2.93GHz gave me a steady 1.00MB per sec in Vista Home 32 bit. With the ATI with no CUDA I get between .18MB to .77MB per sec averaging aroung.50MB. I have a 42.2 GB disc compressing to BD 25 right now and I'm at 21% done at 11 hours in with a average of .21MB per sec. I set up another computer with a ASUS P5N32E-SLI with a E2180 2.0GHZ with the 8500GT SLI'ed(had a friend with a extra 8500GT)with CUDA and that computer did a 38GB disc to BD25 in 9 1/2 hr in XP Pro 32-bit the average compression rate was 1.4MB per sec with highs of 3.0MB+. Would dip to .41MB a few times but usually went back up to 1.4MB within a few minutes. On the rig with the 8500GT SLi'ed I can complete a disc in the time it has taken my primary computer to do 20% without the CUDA acceleration.
                  Last edited by DharmaBummed69; 05-20-2010, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson4085 View Post
                    I have a AMD 955 black with a Asus mother board slightly overclocked. My weak link is my video card which is a Nivdia Gforce 8500, LG WH10LS30 Blu ray drive. I also only have a 500 watt power supply. 2 hard drives 1 TB and 1 750 gb both at 7200 rpms Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
                    So you got almost the same set up as me AMD X4 955 BE 3.2ghz I however have an msi 790X-G65. I have an ATI Radeon HD 2400XT 256mb memory I know its not muc onboard memory. And I only have 2gb memory with a OCZ 700w power supply. Also I have the same burner and only a00gb HDD. So I dont think its a memory issue or processor issue. I highly doubt its your video card but thats a 50/50 chance it may help. Are you copying the whole movie or just main movie?

Have you tried disabling pathplayer ? I did and it cuts processing and shrinking down a lot. I found its not a big deal to have it. I turned Pathplayer off and it shortened the time down by an hour.
                    Last edited by unknownbluray; 05-20-2010, 05:16 PM.
                    Lancool K-56 case.
                    OCZ 700watt PSU.
                    MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
                    OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
                    WD 2TB.
                    EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
                    LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

I am very new to this and trying to learn here. I am going to have to search for Pathplayer ( have no idea what it is) Do you think buying a larger power supply would help? I copied another movie today ( Valentinne's Day) in an hour or less. This might be a stupid question but here goes. Could I just copy the Blurays straight to my PS3 or external HD and plug into a PS3? This sure would ease the cost of disc and improve quality. Not a gamer but would purchase a video card if it would help. Thanks for all the advise.

Comment

You can copy them to a external HDD but I don't remember what file type, you have to search the forums. As for power supply it maybe an Issue the AMD 955 is a 120watt processor so that takes a huge chunk of power, then you have a video card etc etc. Pathfinder sets up the copy like a structured BD so your Blu-ray player reads your copy like a real disk. I have done 2 backs ups without it and it works great. To disable it open dvdfab. In the upper right hand corner there's a green circle with a check mark, click on it. You will now be in common settings. In the left column scroll down you will see Pathfinder, click on disable and then click OK. And tell us your results

One other tip its not expensive I would suggest buying a BD-RE, I bought one through shop4tech.com its was roughly 4.99 i dont remember but its by Blaze and it comes with a true BD case. Trying burning to that instead of a BD-R saves money in the long run.
                        Last edited by unknownbluray; 05-21-2010, 03:50 PM.
                        Lancool K-56 case.
                        OCZ 700watt PSU.
                        MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
                        OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
                        WD 2TB.
                        EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
                        LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

Just buy a new Vid Card, with CUDA enabled. So in other words, get an NVIDIA card. The newest ones are the GTX 470s and GTX 480s but if they're out of your budget, get a GTX 260, 275, 285, 290 somethin like that. You can get a decently priced one from newegg. I have the GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked and compressing a blu ray went from 10 hours to 3-4 hours when I got it.
                          SPECS
                          DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                          SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

I am going to purchase the GTX 260. I am also going to get a larger power supply. What would y ou suggest? Thanks again for all the help. Once I get everything I would like to find a simple way to get my ripped moives on my PS3

Comment

Depending on how much power you need, but I'm guessing a 600 watt would be fine for you. There's a couple brands that are really good. Silverstone being one of them. Thermaltake, Zalman. Look for one that is 80%+ certified which means that 80% or more of the power that goes into it gets used and converted into power for your components so little is wasted.
                              SPECS
                              DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                              SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Working...
                              X