X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"To Open This Disc You Need To Buy Or Renew Blu Ray To Blu Ray"

Hi All,
    I have used Fab Decrypter on DVD's for several years and have recently started with Blu Rays. When I load Fab I select "Fab Decrypter, Never Expires" however i now get the above message when I try to open any disc and the Blu Ray To Blu Ray option has expired on startup.

I can uninstall, clean registry and reinstall and it allows me to rip for another day or so then bombs out again.

I think it is worth mentioning I am NOT getting the message like many seem to "to open this dvd disc you need to buy or renew dvdfab "dvd to dvd", or u can wait for the new version of dvdfab hd decrypter". The message I get does not mention waiting for the next update and happens with every title new or old.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I will also mention when I rip a movie I ge a dialogue "you are trying blu ray to blu ray etc" so it is like it's using the trial even though I pick decrypter on startup?
    Last edited by Deus_Ex_Machina; 07-27-2010, 10:39 AM.

This shouldn't be happening.
    As you attempt to open a standard dvd or BD dvd and you're using the freeware version, you should have a window displayed that states:

The "DVD to DVD" option is expired

Please buy or renew it at www.dvdfab.com

or

The "Blu-ray to Blu-ray" option is expired

Please buy or renew it at www.dvdfab.com

Now, as you click ok, you should be allowed to continue with the freeware version, but not the trial, full-featured version
    What happens to you as you click through this window?
    Does the app just close out, freeze, etc.?...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Moved to BD to BD forum.

Comment

What version of DVDFab are you trying to use?

Comment

Hi Guys,
          Sorry for taking so long to reply to you assistance.

I have taken some screenshots of what happens. Once I hit OK i just have a blank screen in either main movie or full disc. Hitting next does not do anything? this is version 7.0.8.2

Last edited by Deus_Ex_Machina; 08-02-2010, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Well, have you bought anything?

Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray needs to be purchased.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

No I have not bought anything however I am selecting HD Decrypter from the start menu not "blu ray to blu ray". From what the others say I should still be able to extract a BD to the HDD?

Comment

I think they've either turned of the Blu-Ray FREE part or the disks that you are trying to rip are not included in the FREE version. I agree with them wholeheartedly on whichever it is.

If you want the full use of the program, do not expect to get it for FREE.

It used to take up to 120 days for new releases to filter into the FREE version.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I just tried a DVd and the decrypter works so the Blu side must have been disabled in the HD Decrypter.

I know it used to take some time for protections to filter throught o the free version however I think it used to explicitly say that was the problem.

Oh well looks like I may look at a purchase of the BD to BD package.

Comment

you have only used bd to bd nothing else from what your screenshot shows. read the sticky about the free version and free version not start until the trial used

Comment

Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina View Post
                      I just tried a DVd and the decrypter works so the Blu side must have been disabled in the HD Decrypter.

I know it used to take some time for protections to filter throught o the free version however I think it used to explicitly say that was the problem.

Oh well looks like I may look at a purchase of the BD to BD package.
                      Well, if in fact the BD side is no longer included as a feature of HD Decrypter, it's news to me too.
                      Sorry if my info was not utd.

I will contact Fengtao and see what's up
                      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I just started it up and got an update message so downloaded 7.0.9.0 and this is what now happens.
                        Even when I pick decrypter at startup when I rip a BD it say I'm using the BD to BD trial so it does indeed look like the free decrypter for Blu has been canned Maineman.

AGJ: I'm not sure which sticky you mean. the only one I can see is around copy protections not being updated for 30-60 days for the free version.

Comment

We have declared before, the Blu-ray feature in HD Decrypter cannot open AACS MKB10+ and BD+ discs, to open such discs, you need buy DVDFab "Blu-ray to Blu-ray".

We will allow more recent version of MKB to be opened by HD Decrypter, like MKB12.
                          Last edited by fengtao; 08-02-2010, 12:52 PM.
                          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Please see this: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=879
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

AGJ: I'm not sure which sticky you mean. the only one I can see is around copy protections not being updated for 30-60 days for the free version.
                              That the one I meant to read and signals linked to it above as well. I would have linked to it but I was using my other computer and the keyboard not work correctly

Comment

Working...
                              X