This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-Ray Cloning Fails

I bought a pack of Verbatim LTH BD-R disks last night and tried to clone a copy of a movie. My system has two Blu-Ray drives:
    • Pioneer BDC-202
    • LG WH10LS30 (the writer)

The clone made it about two-thirds and crapped out. The second attempt gave similar results. I'm becoming more unhappy with the DVDFab, and people are recommending that I write everything to disk first and then write it to the BD-R disk with ImgBurn.

Does this sound like the best bet? And why would DVDFab's writing engine not work in writing the clone?

Any suggestions?

On a separate note, I bought Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory through Amazon. It played twice with no problems. Now my system won't recognize the disk. It plays Blu-Rays very well and even Terminator 2 plays without incident. The Willy Wonka disk looks fine. Has no smudges and has not been exposed to heat. No warping that I can see, yet I've tried it on four different players and it's like there's no disk. I can understand it if it never played, but this is a mystery. Just thought I'd throw it out since you guys are very knowledgeable about these things.

Thanks!

Last edited by Stargater; 07-30-2010, 06:38 PM.

Yes you should always rip to hard drive first then compress then burn, not all at once. The way I do it is this, I rip the full disk to my E: drive, then when its done, I select a different drive as the output and take out the main movie and english hd audio and subtitle tracks. I play the movie with ArcSoft after each process to make sure it worked by the way. At this point, I check the size of the movie and if its below 23.3 gb thats it, I can burn it. If its not then I select a different drive as output again and compress it, which usually takes an hour to an hour and a half then burn. As for Willy Wonka, its possibly a bad disc.
    SPECS
    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Please supply the log files requested in the Help Us Help You document that relate to the failed Clone attempts. We need more information to be able to help you.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I couldn't get the log because the program froze. I searched the directories for any log file written on 7/30/10, and there was none. I had to force the program to close.

Thanks, Racem22. Sounds like good advice. BTW, what is HD Audio? I saw a check box for it. Also, my movie has two movies: the theatrical version and the extended version. I couldn't locate the extended version (I played it with the monitor and the only movies there were the theatrical). I checked for one particular scene and it wasn't there. I'll have to try it again.

What is considered acceptable compression in DVD...compression that doesn't adversely affect the quality of the image?

Comment

Have you been successful using the LTH discs with other programs. Not all Blu-Ray bruners properly support LTH yet.

Comment

Oops. I have that same burner and am using LTH with DVDFab no problem. I am using imgburn as the bruning engine though. You may want to use that. I do fine imgburn makes better bruns of my BluRay's and DVD's.

Comment

I'm having the same problem with two different kinds of Blu-Ray disks in my PS3 lately. I can burn them using imgburn and Nero 9 and they burn fine and will play in my computer and the file plays on my computer but once i play them in my PS3 it says it can't play the disk.

I have removed the HD audio and tried as well to no avail.

I ripped these a week and longer ago and I couldn't find the correct log files so I can't post them but was hoping someone had a general solution. I've been able to burn Blu-Rays in the past that worked just fine in my PS3 so I'm wondering if it is the last couple of builds of DVDFab?

Comment

Working...
              X