Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removes BD+ copy protection. (coming soon)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removes BD+ copy protection. (coming soon)

What Exactly does (Coming Soon) mean? A competitive product has been able to remove BD+ copy protection for months now.

Eric
    Last edited by troy512; 10-18-2009, 03:59 PM.
    Mitsubishi WD-73" 1080p DLP HD TV
    Sony STRDG920 7.1-Channel AV Receiver
    Sony BDP-S560 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player
    2 DIRECTV HD DVR Receivers
    2 Kenwood 777 Six-Way Five-Speaker Speakers
    Sony SAW2500 Sub-Woofer
    Bose VSC-10 Center Speaker
    2 Bose 161 Speakers

Not sure. Takes a while to bake a cake.

I'm sure many of us that have held out until the release of a version that defeats BD+ will gladly and quickly buy the option when that funtionality is ready. Fantango is no doubt well aware of this and is working hard to provide BD+ support so as to capture this income stream. Good things come to those that wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Smabbage View Post
      Not sure. Takes a while to bake a cake.

Fantango is no doubt well aware of this and is working hard to provide BD+ support so as to capture this income stream. Good things come to those that wait.
      I second that...

Comment

I've been a long time DVDfab member (DVD to DVD & Blu-ray to Blu-ray Lifetime).

I sure hope that good things do come to those who have loyally waited.

Comment

September 4, 2009 DVDFab 6.0.6.0 release notes says "BD+ support was delayed and will be available in September"... its now late October. I'm new to DVDFab Blu-ray. Is tardiness common? Do the beta versions (of which there are several this month) include this support? It doesn't indicate as such in the release notes, they seem to focus mostly on the compression functionality.

Comment

You can bet Fab will have this feature very soon.
            They are MUCH better than that "Other" software and cheaper to boot!

Comment

Originally posted by untechnoman View Post
              September 4, 2009 DVDFab 6.0.6.0 release notes says "BD+ support was delayed and will be available in September"... its now late October. I'm new to DVDFab Blu-ray. Is tardiness common? Do the beta versions (of which there are several this month) include this support? It doesn't indicate as such in the release notes, they seem to focus mostly on the compression functionality.
              BD+ was delayed into October due to the extra development work on BD compression. BD+ will be here soon.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

When you think about it, this roadmap is the best fit. 1) Build Blu-Ray Support into program. (Gotta start somewhere. More NONE BD+ than BD+) 2) Build Compression support into program (Can't burn a copy if you can't get anything larger than a 25GB disc) 3) Work on BD+. 4) Work on Blu-Ray to Moble. Makes sense to me.

Comment

"When you think about it, this roadmap is the best fit. 1) Build Blu-Ray Support into program. (Gotta start somewhere. More NONE BD+ than BD+) 2) Build Compression support into program (Can't burn a copy if you can't get anything larger than a 25GB disc) 3) Work on BD+. 4) Work on Blu-Ray to Moble. Makes sense to me."

I'm not knocking the compression feature, especially for Blu-ray to mobile (for viewing on the go), but to use the feature for compressing the movie for BD 25GB disc I don't get. Assuming you legally already own the disc, why make an inferior hard copy of it for "backup"? Besides, there are plenty of 50GB recordable disc available.

Now, if you want to compress to back up to hdd to save space, I get. I would think though, that complete backup functionality for all BD would come before advanced (i.e compression) functionality, which would mean the ability to back up BD+.

"BD+ will be here soon."

All of this could be a moot point of course if "soon" is indeed SOON.

Sorry if this is off topic

Comment

Not particularly off-topic but sort of pointless. It will be here when it gets here, soon. No amount of hand-wringing will change it. That's all anybody knows.

Please use the "quote" button when referring to an earlier post. Difficult to know what you are responding to without it.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                    X