This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long does it normally take to create a compressed Blu ray

I created a back up which took roughly 30-40 minutes to compress yesterday. This morning I tried to do the same with a different Blu ray which took 8 hours. How long does it normally take to compress a 2 hour movie to a BD-R 25?

Should I be using GPU acceleration? If not, is there a way to turn this option off? I did burn a disc after waiting for the 8 hour compression and the frames are staggered. I'm not sure where I went wrong.

gijello,
    30-40 min is about right number for rip without compression. Most likely what happened is that size of your content (main movie it is) were less than 23 Gb and DVDFab rip it to your drive without compression. And a different BR were needed a compression, and it took 8 hrs. Is 8 hrs right number for it or not, I can't tell you without knowing your hardware. This number ranges from 1.5 hrs to 18 hrs, depends on hardware. GPU acceleration is a great option and should be used. However, it should be correctly set to be effective. And again, I can't give you any advice without knowing your hardware...
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

2.7 Ghz AMD Kuma Dual Core with 6 GB RAM (DDR2 800) running Windows 7 64 bit. My video card is a HD 4670 with 512MB DDR3 RAM. I would gladly take suggestions for set up of DVDfab.

One other thing I noticed was a DVDfab.com label in the top right hand corner of my burn. Is this something new that can be removed?

Comment

The watermark is there because you are using the trial version, it does not appear if you have purchased and registered that option. The time is probably not out of line for your hardware, but it depends on the content (and many other factors). I would have expected more like 3-4 hours. Install CoreAVC to speed up the process for BDs that are h264AVC encoded. If you plan on compressing (or converting) lots of Blu-rays, you may want to consider a quad core CPU and a nvidia CUDA-enabled video card to get shorter processing times.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The only way to remove the "intermittent" logo is to purchase the Blu-ray module.

I don't know if your card is supported, but I doubt it.
          You'll have to check
          Fab > Common Settings > A/V Codec.
          Frankly and no offense, I don't think this card will make much difference anyway.
          Last edited by maineman; 08-06-2010, 04:48 AM.
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

@signals,
            Hey pard, didn't see you there.
            Old and slow, but at least I'm consistent...lol
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I ran the trial software last spring while I was running the Windows 7 Beta. Never had any problems.

I tried to compress the movie again and still have the same issue with staggering frame rates (sort of like watching stop motion animation) and now the audio is out of sync. Any suggestions?

Comment

I just tried to compress a different movie (Watchmen) and am seeing the same problem with "stop animation" type frame rates. I am not getting any error codes when I run the compression or the burn. I did notice that the preview movie is also staggering quite a bit so I'm not sure if I have the settings messed up. Right now they are set up as default. Will installing CoreAVC help with my issue?

Comment

I set Memory usage to "Max", not "Auto" under "Convert" settings which seems to have helped my issue. So far I have compressed and burned two Blu rays since making the change with no problems. Does this make sense?

Comment

Working...
                  X