This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU i7 I860 starts using 8 cores drops to 1

Hello, has any one seen this behavior when copying (50GB folder to 25GB ISO image) a Star Trek TOS season 1 disc 1. The disc was ripped to a hard disc folder using the newest version of another unnamed program. I believe the BD structure is correct. The dvdfab task starts using all 8 cores (100%) for the first 15 to 20 percent running 3 MB’s or better, then the speed slows down to .9 MB’s or slower and only one processor core is used at 100% all others are mostly idle. The entire process of copying to ISO image is 8.5 hours. I have copied SGU season 1 disc 1 under the same conditions and the processor used all 8 cores @ 100% for the entire compression task. I have run the test with and without cuda (GeForce 210) the total time is always 8 plus hours and 7 of the eight cpu cores are idle for 80% of the time. My hardware is a i7 860 (turbo is turned off) GeForce 210. I have tested another unnamed product and compressed Star Trek TOS without the sudden slowdown. If no one else has seen this problem then I will assume I have a configuration issue. Additionally this is a trial version of dvdfab and all settings are for the slowest and best quality.
    Attached Files

Trek,
    I have copied all of the star trek TOS season 1 and 2 disks. it took a very long time and I had many issues over the releases from 7.0.6 to 7.0.9.2. I did not have issues with any other blurays. I have to assume that some of the issues is from the fact that they(paramount) interleaved updated special effect sequences into the original episodes.

Comment

Please try the original rip with either DVDFab or Passkey. If it does not work, you will have DVDFab log files that can help the developers see what the problem might be. They cannot effectively troubleshoot content you decrypted with other software (which you correctly did not mention by name, thanks).

Originally posted by trek View Post
      Hello, has any one seen this behavior when copying (50GB folder to 25GB ISO image) a Star Trek TOS season 1 disc 1. The disc was ripped to a hard disc folder using the newest version of another unnamed program. I believe the BD structure is correct. The dvdfab task starts using all 8 cores (100%) for the first 15 to 20 percent running 3 MB’s or better, then the speed slows down to .9 MB’s or slower and only one processor core is used at 100% all others are mostly idle. The entire process of copying to ISO image is 8.5 hours. I have copied SGU season 1 disc 1 under the same conditions and the processor used all 8 cores @ 100% for the entire compression task. I have run the test with and without cuda (GeForce 210) the total time is always 8 plus hours and 7 of the eight cpu cores are idle for 80% of the time. My hardware is a i7 860 (turbo is turned off) GeForce 210. I have tested another unnamed product and compressed Star Trek TOS without the sudden slowdown. If no one else has seen this problem then I will assume I have a configuration issue. Additionally this is a trial version of dvdfab and all settings are for the slowest and best quality.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
      X