This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question I need to ask about new version

In the past...having licensed the DVD to DVD and Blu Ray to Blu Ray...I was able to rip to the hard drive...shrink and reburn to a backup disc. Now, with the new version 8...I have to purchase the rights to rip before burning? Is the DVD Copy and Blu Ray copy for just doing "On the Fly" burning? I have looked at the license screen on the new version 8. I am still licensed to DVD Copy and Blu Ray copy, but have only 30 day trials for the ripping modules. What exactly can I do with what I already purchased.

just curious...

Thanks

Bob

Originally posted by bobmitch View Post
    In the past...having licensed the DVD to DVD and Blu Ray to Blu Ray...I was able to rip to the hard drive...shrink and reburn to a backup disc. Now, with the new version 8...I have to purchase the rights to rip before burning? Is the DVD Copy and Blu Ray copy for just doing "On the Fly" burning? I have looked at the license screen on the new version 8. I am still licensed to DVD Copy and Blu Ray copy, but have only 30 day trials for the ripping modules. What exactly can I do with what I already purchased.

just curious...

Thanks

Bob
    You can still do what you used to do as the DVDFab DVD Copy is the DVD to DVD and the DVDFab Blu-ray Copy is the Blu-ray to Blu-ray. They just changed the names also the DVDFab DVD Ripper is the DVD to Mobile and the DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper is the Blu-ray to Mobile

Comment

By the names...just sounded like I could no longer rip to the hard drive then shrink and reburn. That is how I mainly do full discs...thanks for the explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by bobmitch View Post
        By the names...just sounded like I could no longer rip to the hard drive then shrink and reburn. That is how I mainly do full discs...thanks for the explanation.
        Yeah no worries as you still able to do what you paid to do. Your welcome as well

Comment

Scuse me... so we need 180 dollar (discounted price instead of 220) to have all (dvd and blu-ray copied or ripped) for one year ?

Of course my english is so bad that i haven't understood... it can't be...
          [My Pc] Case: Antec Twelve Hundred, Cpu: Intel Core i7 - 860, M/b: Asus P7P55D, Ram: 2 x 2 Gb Patriot DDR3 1600 Low Latency, Video: Sapphire Ati Radeon 5770 1 Gb GDDR5, Power: Corsair 620 HX, Hard-Disks: 320Gb WD RE3 Sata-II + 1 Tb WD Green Ed. Sata-II, OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.
          Licensed Customer from January 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by diemme75 View Post
            Scuse me... so we need 180 dollar (discounted price instead of 220) to have all (dvd and blu-ray copied or ripped) for one year ?

Of course my english is so bad that i haven't understood... it can't be...
            No not at all, at least I hope I understand you correctly.
            The ripper modules are for conversions, not really for ripping the discs

DVDFab Blu-ray Copy x 1 year = $48 after the 20% has been applied.
            Same for DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper

DVDFab DVD Copy x 1 year = $40 after the 20% discount
            Same for DVDFab DVD Ripper

Please take a look here:

//Edit
            Oh, and please don't apologize for your English.
            You're doing great
            Last edited by maineman; 08-25-2010, 04:39 PM.
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Yes, i looked at that list.
              If i want to make all (sometime i have dvd, sometime i have blu-ray, sometime i need a sure copy to optical and sometime i just need the file) i have to pay 180$ for 1 year.

That's ok, they choose the price for their product, simply i hope they don't cry if everyone here have it warez (and i'm an original customer since 2007 with 2 modules) !
              In my country this is a huge amount; I've paid the Microsoft Office less than this, and it doesn't expire after 1 year...
              Last edited by diemme75; 08-25-2010, 07:04 PM.
              [My Pc] Case: Antec Twelve Hundred, Cpu: Intel Core i7 - 860, M/b: Asus P7P55D, Ram: 2 x 2 Gb Patriot DDR3 1600 Low Latency, Video: Sapphire Ati Radeon 5770 1 Gb GDDR5, Power: Corsair 620 HX, Hard-Disks: 320Gb WD RE3 Sata-II + 1 Tb WD Green Ed. Sata-II, OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

Comment

If you're an original customer, you don't have to pay anywhere close to this. You can even purchase lifetime renewals for less.
                What licenses do you currently have and when do they expire?
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

This is incorrect. You pay US$144 for a 1 year license for DVD and BD Copy and Ripper. The 20% discount still applies to the package deals.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Its well worth the money for sure. You get a lot of stuff with that $144. Rip blu rays & dvds, shrink blu rays and dvds, convert blu rays and dvds, etc. And then the fact that a lot of stuff has been rewritten and will turn out better than before, its definitely worth it.
                    SPECS
                    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                      If you're an original customer, you don't have to pay anywhere close to this. You can even purchase lifetime renewals for less.
                      What licenses do you currently have and when do they expire?
                      I have the dvd to dvd and the blu-ray to blu-ray (both expire January 2011).
                      Now i would like to renew these license but i'm thinking to buy the two ripper to create divx and mkv files of my movie (my child destroy the optical in few weeks, sigh).

I trust in dvdfab since 3 years but the lifetime is too expansive for me...

Comment

Originally posted by diemme75 View Post
                        (my child destroy the optical in few weeks, sigh).
                        It's certainly cheaper than a couple of disks!!!

Your choice!!!
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

@diemme75
                          You can try this: go to the dvdfab.com website, click on the word "Members" in the black bar near the top. Click on the link that says "Please click here to register". Enter the information and respond to the email and set your password, then log in. You should see your two current licenses and they should have checkmarks in the boxes and the expiration date should be listed. Look around this page, a method was to be added for existing customers to add the rippers at a reduced price, but I do not know if it is active yet. You may need to put a checkmark in the box for the ripper(s) you want to purchase for the option to appear. Sorry, I have no way to test this right now. I will be able to test it tomorrow I think.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                          X