This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compression rearranging subtitles?

I've seen a few other threads about incorrect subtitles playing, but did not see a fix yet. I used v8.0.0.5 and copied a full disc to HD, and played the disc from HD with TMT3. The movie has 3 subtitles: eng, eng (sdh), and commentary. All subtitles played correctly when chosen. I then opened the files in dvdfab and compressed to bd-25. Burned the results to BD-RE, played fine EXCEPT the subtitles are rearranged. Selecting eng got sdh, sdh got commentary, and commentary got english. I also played the compressed folder in TMT3 and ISO in PDvD10 and got the same results. I looked at both filesets with bdinfo. Stream diagnostics on the original showed the 3 subtitle bitrates, filesizes, and PIDs (4608, 4609, 4610). The compressed copy shows the same filesizes but assigned to different PIDs. The sub filesize of pid 4068 on the original is now 4610 on the compressed. 4609 is now 4608, 4610 is now 4609. Am I making any sense?
    Another thread mentioned 2 subtitles, pick eng, get spanish. Pick spanish, get eng. This is again after compression. It was also mentioned 7.0.8.2 worked ok. The whole thread was in spanish and I had to use a webpage translator.

Let me know if you need more info. All logs and saved bdinfo happens to be on another computer at the moment..

Thanks if anyone can help....

I ran the same source files through v7.5.0.8 and got the same results, subtitles are mixed up.

I also compressed the source files through v7.0.8.2 and the subtitles are correct.

Comment

Great feedback, thanks for posting the test results. This has also been reported in the spanish forum.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
      X