copy times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

copy times

can someone explain why when i copy to my hard drive "crash" copies at 12Mb/s but "precious" copies at 0.46 Mb/s?
    in other words some bluray takes 22 hours to copy and others take 2 hours.
    thanks in anticipation.

depends on the encoding on the disc from what ive been told.

Comment

It also depends on your computer hardware. I had an AMD 64X2 that took forever to decode a disc. But when I updated to a quad core AMD 3.2 with a cuda enabled video card things have well sped up quickly. I backed up Xmen origin Wolverine in 45 mins and that would have taken hours if not days to do on my old system.
      Lancool K-56 case.
      OCZ 700watt PSU.
      MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
      AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
      ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
      16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
      OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
      WD 2TB.
      EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
      LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

I am expected to spend $60.00 for a program that takes 28 hrs or more to complete the copy. most of the time it just slows reading gradually to 0 and thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by ephesus View Post
          can someone explain why when i copy to my hard drive "crash" copies at 12Mb/s but "precious" copies at 0.46 Mb/s?
          in other words some bluray takes 22 hours to copy and others take 2 hours.
          thanks in anticipation.
          Is the "copy" process identical with both discs?
          Fab settings identical?...what are you doing? main title, no compression???
          Details please

Originally posted by athlon700 View Post
          I am expected to spend $60.00 for a program that takes 28 hrs or more to complete the copy. most of the time it just slows reading gradually to 0 and thats it.
          This is an indication that Fab is stumbling for "whatever "reason(s)".
          This could be the result of a bad, damaged, dirty, disc, PathPlayer settings, or any number of other factors.

Please post your logs and other pertinent info, otherwise it's just all guesswork.

The devil's in the details...

It takes me any where from 40-60 minutes to rip a BD disc.
          Times vary greatly depending on one's hardware and exactly what the user is asking of the software. However, 28 hours is beyond absurd
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

ok, tell me where the info is that you need and how to get it

Comment

maybe a little more info would help
              win7, dual core processor with 4 gig. while dvdfab is trying to read it is using 90-98 percent of the processor

Comment

maybe a little more info would help
                win7, dual core processor with 4 gig. while dvdfab is trying to read it is using 90-98 percent of the processor
                This is usually an indication that Windows (not DVDFab) has put the drive in PIO transfer mode due to read errors. Normally the disc (or drive) is bad or dirty.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

ok, the disk is new and not even a smudge so lets assume that it is the mode. I went into systems, device, and selected the ide line but 0 and 1 wont show what mode they are in. any suggestions

Comment

any suggestions
                    Yes,

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
                    If this happens with all discs or just one
                    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
                    If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
                    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
                    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

Couldnt this mean maybe the user needs to reset DMA on the drive? I'm just guessing here of course. I personally feel the computer set up is the reason like I said large movies took me 24 plus hrs to backup with a dual core processor and 4 gb of ram. now its waay less. Like an hour and a half tops. six core processor and only 2gbs of ram. But also have a cuda enabled video card.
                      Lancool K-56 case.
                      OCZ 700watt PSU.
                      MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
                      AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
                      ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
                      16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
                      OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
                      WD 2TB.
                      EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
                      LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

here is something interesting. If I dont compress the movie (blu ray to a 50 gb blu ray) it speeds right along at 10 to 12 gps but if I change the output to 25gb then the problems occur. slows to .05 meg per and takes forever.

Comment

Don't compress on the initial rip from the disc.
                          This creates a huge bottleneck and in addition to taking an absurd amount of time, it will suck the life out of your burner

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Well if there is a way to copy a blu ray disk in under 12 hrs I cant find it maybe a few suggestions on how you are doing it would help

Comment

Sorry, I assumed that you understood when I said,

Don't compress on the initial rip from the disc.
                              This creates a huge bottleneck and in addition to taking an absurd amount of time, it will suck the life out of your burner

I mean for you to:
                              1.) Rip the disc to the hdd without any compression, either Full Disc or Main Movie
                              then
                              2.) Re-rip the the hdd files to hdd again, only this time compress to BD25 or BD9

With this method, you're looking at about 2 hours total...give or take....not bad considering what you're asking of the hardware and software.
                              Compressing BD files is extremely labor intensive even for the newer core i7 builds such as mine.
                              Add to this the strain of attempting to transcode directly from an ODD and you're just looking at major frustration...plus "sucking your life out of your burner".

Comment

Working...
                              X