Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you compress TV Series in Blu to DVD5s?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you compress TV Series in Blu to DVD5s?

Not sure if this has been discussed in previoius threads, but I think I tried to copy tv series in blu ray b4 as main movie and it doesn't work. Can you advise on how these can be converted to DVD5 discs?

Thanks!

Originally posted by dvdgamer View Post
    Can you advise on how these can be converted to DVD5 discs?
    Thanks!
    You can't, certainly not with Fab.
    You can compress to a standard dvd9, but this is still BD9 and not playable on standard dvd player...only on a BD player, BD-ROM or a media player.

Fengtao is currently looking at creating a standard dvd9 from BD that is playable on a standard player, but no news on this yet.

I doubt this will include dvd5...regardless, but I don't know for sure.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks, but not sure I understand it. I am not really trying to play these in standard players. Put another way, with bluray movies, I can compress main movie to DVD5. Of course it still is blu format and playable only on blu ray players. What I would like to do though, is to compress tv series to DVD5 media, then play in a bluray player. I guess what I am confused with is, since you can compress movies, why is it not possible to do the same with TV series to DVD5 and then watch it in blu ray players as well.

So to rephrase my question, Is it possible to copy and compress TV series in blu to DVD5 media and play in a blu ray player? Or maybe this feasible to do this episode by episode? If so, how do you go through this process?

Thanks again.

Comment

You will need to use Full Disc copy mode, unless the original has a title that includes all of the episodes(it will be much longer), then you could use Main Movie and select that title (which would require less compression of the content you want). What you really need is something like the Customize mode in DVD Copy, which is under development but not available yet.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X