Which Sound Files to Copy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent an entire day trying to copy the BD Bourne Trilogy to my HDD as either BD50 or BD25 and when the process completed and I tried playing the movie...I saw the movie and played fine but the director was speaking his commentary thru the entire movie....what am I doing wrong here.

Also, which file do you select when you do a just copy movie?
    Like with the Bourne Trilogy, I open the first disk and the first 3 files are all
    the actual movie...which one do you select?

Scott

Either you selected the wrong audio track, the wrong title number for the movie, or your player isn't decoding the right audio stream and is kicking it down to the next track, which happens to be the directors commentary. And you select the whole folder or disc, not just certain files from it. Do NOT just play the m2ts files in the STREAM folder by themselves, you will be plagued with issues if you do. Play the whole BD folder. I think I've already told you this though. And dude, stick to your own thread. If you have a problem, make a thread and post ALL your problems in it. Don't go around and start posting in other peoples threads, cuz thats for them only to get help. Thanks.
    SPECS
    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

You should stick with one trouble thread at a time. Once that issue is fixed then start new thread with new issue as you will get better help that way.

Comment

Been copying my BD collection to my HDD and been hit and miss with the sound tracks.

On some movies, works great..get the movie and correct sound track.

On others, get the movie and the damn Directors Commentary running thu out the whole movie. How do you know which English sound track to copy so as to avoid the directors BS?

Just copying the movie and have the subpicture/subtitles unchecked.
        Sometime there is just the HD sound..or that and 1-3 other English tracks..just need to select the correct one to avoid this director crap.

Scott

Comment

Did you not ask the same thing in your Bourne Trilogy thread. I'm merging both threads together

Comment

Great, merge away..but still doesn't help or answer my questions.

How do I know WHICH movie track to select when there are 3 or 4 of them?
            Which sound track do you select when there are 3 or 4 of them?

And how else can you play the movie without selecting it within the stream folder?

Wish people would help instead of yelling.

Comment

Originally posted by sac130e View Post
              Great, merge away..but still doesn't help or answer my questions.

How do I know WHICH movie track to select when there are 3 or 4 of them?
              Which sound track do you select when there are 3 or 4 of them?

And how else can you play the movie without selecting it within the stream folder?

Wish people would help instead of yelling.
              Maybe you need to download and install BDInfo to find out what you are trying to find answers for

You need to relax a bit

Comment

I thought my questions were simple and could be answered by the people that developed this program. Seems to be a common question, but yet there is now guide on the website that goes into the detail needed to answer these simple questions.

Its a simple question...which movie file do you select when you have multiple...which sound file do you select when you have multiple...and I always go to the stream folder and double click to ensure the movie plays.

I have renamed and transfered several movies OUT of the stream folder to another one, and have had no prolem playing them. So it would seem that the software needs work to be able to read and copy ALL the various BD/DVD's out there.

Sorry for going over the top some times, but 150.00 is alot to spend for something that still needs work.

Comment

DVDFab selects the title automatically. The audio is also normally selected also, but you can use the Preview window to watch a few seconds of what is selected and spot the unwanted audio tracks easily.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                    Maybe you need to download and install BDInfo to find out what you are trying to find answers for
                    Like I said in previous post download and install BDInfo as it tells you everything that on the BD and what they are. Much easier than trying to guess and more accurate than any DVD/BD copy program available

Comment

I will try the BDinfo..thx.

I have let the program select the movie and sound track and watched the preview to ensure there was no directors sound, but it still came out in the copy anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by sac130e View Post
                        I will try the BDinfo..thx.

I have let the program select the movie and sound track and watched the preview to ensure there was no directors sound, but it still came out in the copy anyway.
                        Sorry, but I'm not sure what this means?

What mode did you use to rip the BD and if you did, in fact, use Main Movie,
                        did you listen to the various audio streams and deselect the director's commentary?

"...it still came out in the copy anyway...."

What are you using to playback the copy?
                        Are you able to select a specific audio stream?
                        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I typically select ALL english streams to copy, since I have no idea which one to copy. I figure the HD stream should be good, but whe there are 3 other englisg streams all saying English AC-3/2..how do you know hwich is the right one.

Also, that BDinfo thing kept crashing and failed to read the disks.
                          Seems like the BDinfo can't read diskd because of the copy protection.
                          Ok, BDinfo finally popped up with some info, but looks same as what you get in DVDFab window.
                          How do you use BDinfo to determine which files are the correct one to use?
                          Last edited by sac130e; 09-08-2010, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Ok, was able to play around with the sound files and the preview and figure out which ones are the directors comments and turn those off. But, this only leaves one sound track..the HD track. Since you can't stream this track from a NAS to my PS3, what next?

I have tried the ripper to PS3 option, and that won't plat on my PS3 either..
                            thoughts?

Comment

select the hd audio then check remove hd audio. If the movie is dts-hd by selecting remove hd audi, it will come out just dts. The hd audio is always the right audio for the movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X