Don't understand what is going on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting really P.Off

Ok I've been chating with a few of you over the past week. At least before I could make an iso copy and burn that. I tried to do what you suggested with respect to installing imgburn but like I said I have no audio when I look at the you tube video and I've tried the start pause thing and still it moves to fast.

Anyway last night I thought well I would just do what has been working in the past. Copy the main movie saved to hard disc. Compress the main movie to bd25 iso file. Wright the iso file to blank disk.

Now I can't get passed step 2. It converts the file but never creates the iso file. It says 100% complete and just stops. I tried several time and finally decieded to unistall DVDFab, ImgBurn and DVDNextCopy. Rebooted. I knew something was wrong when I downloaded and saved a new copy of DVDFab ver 8.0.0.5. After installing the program when I went to put my key in the software was already activated.

I'm totally lost frustraighted and don't know how to proceed from here. Someone please help.

Comment

Two threads on same subject merged.
      Spreading your problem and questions around on more than one thread will make it harder to get help.

Comment

What are your A/V Codec settings in DVDFab?

Originally posted by sandman49 View Post
        Ok I've been chating with a few of you over the past week. At least before I could make an iso copy and burn that. I tried to do what you suggested with respect to installing imgburn but like I said I have no audio when I look at the you tube video and I've tried the start pause thing and still it moves to fast.

Anyway last night I thought well I would just do what has been working in the past. Copy the main movie saved to hard disc. Compress the main movie to bd25 iso file. Wright the iso file to blank disk.

Now I can't get passed step 2. It converts the file but never creates the iso file. It says 100% complete and just stops. I tried several time and finally decieded to unistall DVDFab, ImgBurn and DVDNextCopy. Rebooted. I knew something was wrong when I downloaded and saved a new copy of DVDFab ver 8.0.0.5. After installing the program when I went to put my key in the software was already activated.

I'm totally lost frustraighted and don't know how to proceed from here. Someone please help.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The codec's selected are:

cuda
          cuda
          software

software+cuda

FYI I un-installed the software. This time I went into program files and deleted the DVDFab folder that remained after the un- install. Then I went into the registry and deleted all the references to DVDFab and DVDFab 8.

I reboot. I then reinstalled v8.0.0.5. This time after the install the program wanted to reboot. Did that. Now there was no activation key installed. I activated the software.

Right now I'm doing a full copy of National Treasure to my HD. The only thing that I have noticed that is different is the option to remove HD is not available.

I have another 30 min to go. It is doing the copy process at 15.5 MB/s.

I will let you know how things go after the copy

Comment

OK I'm happy to say things are back to normal. The Full movie copy to HD was good. The Main movie compression 50GB to 25GB ISO file was good also. Just finishing the Write Data ISO file to blank 25GB disc is going good as well. 5 minutes to go.

So now I just have to figure out the ImgBurn program. What is the advantage of ImgBurn over DVDFab copy?

Thanks again to all who have helped this newbie with my many questions. I really appreciate all who have contributed.

Terry

Comment

There's probably not much to figure out.
              The default settings (per Lightning UK!) are pretty much right on the money for most users.

Img is much more reliable and configurable as compared with other burn engines. Most users, including all the mods, consider Img to be the best darn burn app on the planet, bar none
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
              X