X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Encoding speed with CUDA

Hello,

this is my first posting here and i hope my question will also help other DVDFab Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray users.

But back to my question, how long will take encoding with a CUDA card. I am interested in a Geforce 9600. At the moment i am having a ATI 4650 and encoding of a movie (main movie only, size 32gb without bonus material, target size BD25) takes about 4 to 4,5h. Will the encoding speed be much faster with a Geforce 9600? Any examples?

Thanks,
    Moondiver

Welcome to the forum,
    I have a GeForce 9500GT 512mb (not a 9600 i know) and thats about how long it takes my BD25 test. Of course systems will vary according to CPU and other things. hope that helps...

Comment

Can anyone tell me how hugh the difference between a ATI4650/4670 and a Geforce 9600GT in encoding speed is or is CUDA faster then ATI Steam? :-)

Comment

It would be great to get some with/without (acceleration) comparison tests on CUDA and DXVA. Don't think I have seen any reported yet.
        Windows 7 x64, 4GB RAM, Intel i7-860, ATI HD 4550 Drivers Catalyst 11.3

Comment

Because of this thread i dicide to buy a Geforce 9600 GT.

After i made my first test with my ATI 4650 i wasnt really happy with the encoding speed. It took 5,5 hours to encode Benjamin Button (main movie only) to a BD25. So i hear alot about CUDA and its fast encoding speed. Now my first make my more unhappy. Encoding of Benjamin Button (same sencario as above) took 23h.... Whats the reason for this? I thought a Geforce must be fast then a ATI 4650?

Comment

Have you got the latest nVidia drivers? My Geforce 9600M GT cracks the whip. I encoded Quantum of Solace from Blu-ray to BD-9 in about 5.5 hours. Not to shabby in my opinion. The other factor to consider is CUDA only offloads a portion of the encoding process to the GPU. You still need a fast CPU. I have a dual core 2.0 Ghz Intel processor so basically with CUDA it's like having 3 cores where someone with a quad core will have the equivalent of 5 cores with CUDA.

Comment

Latest driver is installed and is detected by dvdfab. I have an Intel Core2Quad Q6600, i think that must be enough speed :-)

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, could this cause the problem?

Comment

A reminder that there is a list of GPU chipsets and info on which ones work with DVDFab in the Knowledge Base->Answers to Questions sub forum, here: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=643

If you have not added the chipset from your graphics card, please use the link the the summary post to submit it. We need more of these on the list.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Moondiver View Post
                  Latest driver is installed and is detected by dvdfab. I have an Intel Core2Quad Q6600, i think that must be enough speed :-)

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, could this cause the problem?
                  I have a quad core, 2.4ghz, and Nvidia 8400gs, and average movie with cuda to compress to dvd9 is about 2h, 11min...

Comment

Hmm.. That is a time i expected, but why doesn't make DVDFab use of CUDA with my system?

Comment

Working...
                    X