Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help

I cannot figure this out. Iron Man 2, From Paris With Love, Get Him To The Greek. Every movie I make back ups of skips at one point or another. When I rip a Full Movie 50GB disc to the hard drive it works just fine when I play back using VLC. However when I compress that file to a 25GB disc I begin to have problems. Even when I play it back from the HDD using VLC it displays an orange cone and has problem reading. So I have discovered that the problem comes when compressing the 50GB > 25GB. Please help. This is extremelly frustrating and I am new to it

Adrianace,
    please try to play from HDD with this player and let me know the result:
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Also, try changing your settings under A/V Codecs to all software (no CUDA or DXVA) and see if it behaves differently.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I still suspect
        1) Your blank media
        2) Burn issue, including inappropriate burn speed, mismatch with burner/firmware and media, etc., etc.

Yes, this is extremely frustrating...to us as well.
        I realize you're new to this, but so far we only have partial answers to our questions.
        For eg., you finally got the initial rip to work after you stopped trying to compress on the initial rip...
        Originally posted by Adrianace View Post
        I tried playing the ISO file using a media player and it worked great. So what does this mean? Is the problem buring related? If so, I have already changed the burning speed on IMGBurn to 1x and the problem still proceeded. So are there any other options? Thank you
        So the initial rip (uncompressed) plays ok when viewed from the hdd.
        Now you say,
        "when I play it [BD25] back from the HDD using VLC it displays an orange cone and has problem reading"...

What does this mean? Does it fail to open?
        Even the BD25 bkup plays for a while, but skips.

Media Player Classic is a better software player for BD, but it won't play .ISO, which I'm guessing is still your output format.

Please try this...
        Rip to the hdd, uncompressed, but to the default, standard VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS Folders, not .ISO.

Now compress this to BD25, again, to your hdd and again, in standard file format.

Please play this back with Media Player Classic and tell us the results.

Also, please look again and post an Img burn log from a previous attempt.
        We still need the burn log. The previously posted logs do not contain the actual burn process...although you're getting closer with your last attempt.

It will disply your burner, firmware, media ID, selected and actual burn speeds, etc., etc.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
        X