X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What am I doing wrong?

I have
    DVDFAB v8.0.0.5

I ripped Monsters vs Aliens Bluray to hard drive using (removed)
    I then used DVDfab Bluray copy Full Movie "mode" to make full backup on a bd-25 disc.

Went through all the processes and burned to bd-25 disc.
    Went to play it on my PS3. The Monsters vs Aliens logo shows up on PS3 menu under the Video tab, but when selected, all it shows is a black screen. Will not show ANYTHING. NO previews, menus, nothing. If I try to fast forward or chapter forward or try to bring up the top menu, it says that I can't.

I was able to backup Law Abiding citizen and Fast and Furious the same exact way with no problem.

Is there a step by step tutorial on making BD-50 to BD-25 Full Movie copies?

Sidenote, How can I finalize a BD-RE?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by AGJ; 09-30-2010, 04:11 AM. Reason: general policies

Originally posted by MUNEYG View Post
    I have
    DVDFAB v8.0.0.5

I ripped Monsters vs Aliens Bluray to hard drive using (removed).
    I then used DVDfab Bluray copy Full Movie "mode" to make full backup on a bd-25 disc.
    Nobody will be able to help you or troubleshoot with content made using third party software. Please tell me what precludes you to use DVDFab only for every step of entire process, including rip to HDD? Please try it, and report here if any problems.
    Last edited by AGJ; 09-30-2010, 04:12 AM. Reason: fixed quote to reflect edited post
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

thanks for the response. I would rather use DVDFab for all steps.

I'm still not too familiar with the software. When I clicked on Bluray Ripper, it seemed more like a Converter, like converting to PSP or Ipod, etc.

If you can point me in the direction where i can find the steps to rip to hard drive using DVDFab, I would gladly try that as I would prefer to use the same software program for the whole process.

Once again, thanks for the response.

Comment

What about tips on how to finalize a BD-RE? I would like to burn to a rewritable first so I don't make coasters. I burned one iso on there, plays on computer but won't in PS3. I believe it's because it's not finalized. But I have no idea how to finalize it. I was not asked if I wanted to when the burning process was done. any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by MUNEYG View Post
          \
          I'm still not too familiar with the software.
          If you can point me in the direction where i can find the steps to rip to hard drive using DVDFab, I would gladly try that as I would prefer to use the same software program for the whole process.
          There are several DVDFab modules covering each step of the process. Unlike other software you have mentioned, DVDFab giving you an unique flexibility in use (and purchase) just a right module for your task. In your case, using DVDFab Blu-ray Copy you can copy your disc to HDD (as folder or ISO) and/or burn your backup on writable media.
          DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper will allow you to convert your BD into variety of different formats (e.g. mp4, avi, mkv, etc.) using different codecs of your choice.
          We are recommending to use two-step process: first, copy your content to HDD, and then, using this copy as a source, make your conversion into format of your choice. This way you will relieve your optical drive and speed up the process.
          If you visit dvdfab.com you will find there a lot of very nice tutorials for every process. They are very simple and well illustrated.
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I think the function you are looking for is the Blu-ray Copy module. It will decrypt the original disc and write it to disc, HDD folder or ISO file, compressing to fit on BD25 as necessary. Using ImgBurn as the burn engine is recommended, either from within DVDFab or as a standalone.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X