Split Copy 50 GB into two 25 GB blu ray discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Split Copy 50 GB into two 25 GB blu ray discs

I have had it with the absolutely ridiculous amount of time it takes to compress a movie only file that is let's say 30 to 35 GB on to a 25 GB disc! As a matter of fact, DVDFab has been compressing a 32 GB movie since 4:30 p.m. this afternoon, and it still has 4.5 more hours to go; and I'm not even adding how much more time it will take to burn it to disc. This won't do...

It generally takes me approximately 1 to 1.5 hours to copy and burn information from a 25 GB disc to a blank 25 GB disc. Thus, My actual question is how do I go about split copying files from a 50 GB disc to two blank 25 GBs?

Someone in the group must have experience doing this and be able to help me attain my goal - not to mention give me any ups or downs they have come across while split copying. I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

You may need to upgrade your PC if you plan to do much compression or conversion of Blu-ray. For now, you could split the main movie by chapters using the title start/end button. I have never done this with a Blu-ray but it works with a DVD.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

title start/end button

Originally posted by signals View Post
      You may need to upgrade your PC if you plan to do much compression or conversion of Blu-ray. For now, you could split the main movie by chapters using the title start/end button. I have never done this with a Blu-ray but it works with a DVD.
      I don't really want to have to compress anything, but BD movie files keep getting larger. I looked for that Title Start/End button but could not find it for Blu Ray Copy. It appears that feature is exclusive to DVD Copy. How long before it will be available to Blu Ray Copy? Compressing BDs takes forever.

Is there another way of splitting the contents of a 50 GB BD to go into two 25 GB BD discs?

Comment

Originally posted by bearlight View Post
        I don't really want to have to compress anything, but BD movie files keep getting larger. I looked for that Title Start/End button but could not find it for Blu Ray Copy. It appears that feature is exclusive to DVD Copy. How long before it will be available to Blu Ray Copy? Compressing BDs takes forever.
        The Split feature is not available for Blu-ray to Blu-ray at the moment but is on the to do list. No time frame or date for when available has been given for that feature though.

Is there another way of splitting the contents of a 50 GB BD to go into two 25 GB BD discs?
        Not sure about that as Blu-ray copy programs are still being created with features slowly being added. Maybe try a google search to see if anything pops up

Comment

The Title Start/End Settings button is only available when you click on Main Movie in Blu-ray Copy.

Comment

Title Start-End Button

Originally posted by driggle View Post
            The Title Start/End Settings button is only available when you click on Main Movie in Blu-ray Copy.
            You're right! It's in there. As the old adage goes, if it were a snake it would have bitten me...

I tried it and all it lets me do is put in how many chapters I want on the disc. For example, the disc I'm trying it with I selected chapters 1-34. I then have to choose Chapters 35 to 44 on the second disc.

Have you used this feature before? If so, do you know whether DVDFab will put in that one is disc number one and the other is disc 2 or will it just end abruptly after chapter 34 has concluded?

Comment

You're right! It's in there. As the old adage goes, if it were a snake it would have bitten me...

I tried it and all it lets me do is put in how many chapters I want on the disc. For example, the disc I'm trying it with I selected chapters 1-34. I then have to choose Chapters 35 to 44 on the second disc.

Have you used this feature before? If so, do you know whether DVDFab will put in that one is disc number one and the other is disc 2 or will it just end abruptly after chapter 34 has concluded?
              I have used it a few times. It will just end abruptly.

Comment

Working...
              X