V 6.2.1.8 & Ironman 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V 6.2.1.8 & Ironman 2

k, i read somewere that they burned a good copy of this movie so i tryed it out... i did nothing different just ran the program in default.. now it is better the jitters are now only like 1 sec, blink of an eye i only watched the movie to were the girls stop dancing, so maybe the dvdfab can look into this and compare the versions and see whats going on, with version 6.2.1.8 at least it is watchable, but not a perfect copy...So still the program needs work..

Move was saved as ISO 50g then to fit on a 25g disc option..
    Intel quad q6600 2.4Ghz
    OCZ 2 gig memery
    nvidia 9800gtx+
    Windows 7 ultimate
    >>>ASUS BW 12B1ST <<<

The latest Version Can Copy&amp;Burn Iron Man 2

Hi, there:

Please uninstall, download and install the latest version of DVDFab8.0.2.2 at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm to register, then copy&burn again to see the result.

This new version has added support for a new copy protection as found on "Iron Man 2" (US).

Comment

My first copy with 8.0.0.5 had the jitters bad. My second copy with 6.2.1.8 had no jitters at all when i watched the first 40 minutes. The same with Robin Hood. There is definitely a problem with the compression created with version 8.
      These problems have nothing to do with protections, but with the re-encoding process.

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
        Hi, there:

Please uninstall, download and install the latest version of DVDFab8.0.2.2 at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm to register, then copy&burn again to see the result.

This new version has added support for a new copy protection as found on "Iron Man 2" (US).
        ??? that version doesnt work...
        Intel quad q6600 2.4Ghz
        OCZ 2 gig memery
        nvidia 9800gtx+
        Windows 7 ultimate
        >>>ASUS BW 12B1ST <<<

Comment

I don't get it. It seems like the DVDfab folks still doesn't seem to get that there is a problem with the 8.0.2.2 Blu-Ray Copy function when making a backup of Iron Man 2, Robin Hood and Get Him to the Greek. 8.0.2.2 doesn't work with the BD50 to BD25. A number of people have been complaining all week about the results when they try to make a copy.

We're all waiting for a fix and it's not even clear that DVDfab team gets that their is a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
            Hi, there:

Wasn't that "added support" for DVD, and not the issues many have reported with Blu-Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by nycoppia View Post
              Wasn't that "added support" for DVD, and not the issues many have reported with Blu-Ray.
              You are correct. Sometimes support for BD titles is added through the server, not through the installer, so a version that doesn't work correctly one day may work the next. If there is a problem disc you are having trouble with, it's always a good idea to try even the same version every day or so to see if there has been a fix.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                You are correct. Sometimes support for BD titles is added through the server, not through the installer, so a version that doesn't work correctly one day may work the next. If there is a problem disc you are having trouble with, it's always a good idea to try even the same version every day or so to see if there has been a fix.
                With so many people reporting this issue wouldn't it make sense to making a fix known to the users. I find it odd that you'd suggest that users spend two hours or more a day trying the same movie and hoping on day they'll get lucky and it'll work.

So are you saying the compression issues with 8.0.2.2 going from BD50 to BD25 that have been reported for Iron Man 2 and others have been corrected?

Comment

Originally posted by nycoppia View Post
                  With so many people reporting this issue wouldn't it make sense to making a fix known to the users?
                  Yes.

Comment

Here is what I did originally to get a free coaster.

(a) Full movie extract in 8.0.2.2
                    (b) Movie only BD50->BD25 with 8.0.2.2
                    (c) Burn ISO with Nero Burning ROM

I ran into the same problem with video jitter in the middle of the movie. The most notable when Iron Man and Rhodey, fight a bunch of drones on ground (almost last scene). You will also see a lot of compression and jitter problems.

I'm sure DVDFab teams are pretty good at coming up with fix later. Here is what I think happening if it helps. I noticed that those scene freeze or jitter has something to do with special feature when there are alternative scene exists. If you noticed that 2 selection when you extract the main movie, the one with longer time will get you the whole movie with alternative scene. I did that accidently and end up with alternative scene version. You are supposed to use the shorter time version if you use 6.2.2.0.

Here is how I manage to get around (seem to be better then using 8.0.2.2 to burn on BD25).

Replace step (b) with this. Thanks to folks here for this fix.
                    (b) Movie only BD50->BD25 with 6.2.2.0

Here is what I also noticed. If I try to use "Virtual Drive" and map my first bad version of ISO, the problem is not that much noticable playing with software player like PowerDVD. You will only noticed version little pause here and there. It only get worst with the Blu-Ray player when it freeze for a few seconds and continue. Sound seem to continue when video freeze.

If you need to know I try that on Panasonic DMP-BD30 and I have Pioneer BDR-205. Everything in DVDFab is defaults.
                    Last edited by mr-blue; 10-09-2010, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Success backing up Iron Man 2 and Others

All you guys and gals have reported problems Iron Man 2, Robin Hood and others. I was also having problems with Gladiator and the above mentioned tiles.

Well I have successfully backed up all these disc's with no issues. And yes I have watched all the movies and they are just fine. A bit of a process but none the less it worked.

Here is what I did.

1. Using ver 8.0.2.2 I cloned the disc to HD.
                      2. Using ver 7.0.9.0 I used the cloned image as my source. Then I did a full disc copy and did my compression from 50GB to 25GB again saving the file to an newly named ISO file and folder.
                      3. Still using ver 7.0.9.0 I then wrote data using the compressed ISO file and wrote to my burner.

All ISO files were made using ImgBurn.

Total time from start to finished copy was about 3 hours.

I also did Fool's Gold and the ISO file after the clone was smaller than 25GB so compressing wasn't necessary. Clone was done using ver 8.0.2.2. and write data was using ver 7.0.9.0

Perfect every time.

I hope this helps you out and if I can provide more info let me know.
                      Last edited by sandman49; 10-09-2010, 10:59 PM. Reason: Added Title

Comment

Working...
                      X