Subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subtitles

I am still a little new to blu ray so i need a little help. I was trying to copy The Da Vinci code and i used main movie and burned it to a bd5. It came out great but lost the subtitles where the are speaking french. Is there a step that i am missing. My copy is region 1 . Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi, csbond2,

When you copy with "Blu-ray Copy", select the titles you need, and choose all the "Subpicture" options at the right box of DVDFab screen, click on "Next", copy to see the result.

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
      Hi, csbond2,

When you copy with "Blu-ray Copy", select the titles you need, and choose all the "Subpicture" options at the right box of DVDFab screen, click on "Next", copy to see the result.
      Thank you will give that a try and post back.

Comment

Went through process again left all subpictures checked. still no subtitles on the french conversations. any ideas as to what i can try next.

Comment

I have not tried this but when you select the subtitle make sure the arrow is showing as I believe that will add the forced subs.

Comment

Hi,

Please try as this to see the result:

Open common settings window, click on "DVD/Blu-ray"--> Steams-->Subpicture--> Find and click on "French" from the left box, then click the icon of ">>" to add it into the right box-->Press "OK" at the right bottom corner.

Comment

I think Malcolm's suggestion will give you all dialog in French subs. The default arrow will give you all of whatever you set it to. The translation subs in the DVD are part of the top english subpic stream, not sure about the Blu-ray. Use the DVDFab preview window and select one subpic stream at a time until you get the ones you want. You will probably want to use Full Screen to be able to see them clearly.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions will try them and post back . The fact that my laptop will not show bluray because of the graphics card which i cant change at this time ,it may take some time to try all the subs .I though when i left them all checked it would work but it did not.

Comment

csbond2,
                  please help me to narrow the problem. First of all, please make sure that sub stream isn't there. For that, google download and install MediaInfo (it's free). Open your BD5 folder with MediaInfo and see if Sub stream is there. Best if you will post report here. Please let us know what you see, and we'll go from there.
                  sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                    csbond2,
                    please help me to narrow the problem. First of all, please make sure that sub stream isn't there. For that, google download and install MediaInfo (it's free). Open your BD5 folder with MediaInfo and see if Sub stream is there. Best if you will post report here. Please let us know what you see, and we'll go from there.
                    Sorry it took so long to post back but i had to find tine to put a bd5 file on the hard drive,Mediainfo shows 5 text streems because i left them all on. Is it possible that leaving them all is why it is not working because that is how i have done it each tine i have tried to copy.

Comment

Just one final post , I have tried all 5 subtitle streams and no luck dont know which way to go from here.

Comment

This happened to me with Stargate and Taken...no subtitles for parts where they're speaking foreign unless I put on English subtitles. Some movies it works fine, though. Not real sure what I can do to fix this :\

Comment

Working...
                        X