Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CUDA causing crash when compression is needed (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUDA causing crash when compression is needed (again)

I originally had this problem here ( http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=8179 ) (ignore the main movie stuff).

When I take a full disc ISO and try to main movie it to BD-25, it completely crashes my computer. Since this happened previously, first thing I did was go check for updated video card drivers. Sure enough, there were some new ones (9 days newer than the ones I had, but hey, that's still newer).

I installed them (directly from nvidia.com) and tried again - exact same issue.
    Turned off all CUDA, and it worked.

I am just trying DVDFab to do the same thing, and on my main PC it also crashes the system.

Works fine on two other systems I tested it on - one a P4 2.8Ghz, but slow, and the other a Fujitsu P770 laptop (I7 640UM) which is surprisingly quick.

My main machine is an i5-750 with 8Gb RAM, ASUS motherboard, Velociraptor main drive, XFX ATI-based video card. Everything updated to the latest firmware, including Win7 Ultimate 64bit.

Any suggestions as to where to start looking? The product will need to be run on the i5 system, and it looks very useful, but I won't spend $$$ on something that crashes the system every time.

Thanks!

Comment

A new Beta released that might fix the crash issue http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=8912

Comment

Look to your video card. I don't think CUDA is supported. Check that machine by opening DVDFab and going to the A/V Codec page in Common Settings, see what it recognizes. Does the i7 machine(where it works) have Nvidia graphics?

Originally posted by rfielder View Post
        I am just trying DVDFab to do the same thing, and on my main PC it also crashes the system.

Works fine on two other systems I tested it on - one a P4 2.8Ghz, but slow, and the other a Fujitsu P770 laptop (I7 640UM) which is surprisingly quick.

My main machine is an i5-750 with 8Gb RAM, ASUS motherboard, Velociraptor main drive, XFX ATI-based video card. Everything updated to the latest firmware, including Win7 Ultimate 64bit.

Any suggestions as to where to start looking? The product will need to be run on the i5 system, and it looks very useful, but I won't spend $$$ on something that crashes the system every time.

Thanks!
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have a 9800GT that is Cuda supported and it crashes if Cuda is enabled as well. It's always hit or miss if it is gonna crash when I try to do Blu-ray to 25Gb compression.

Comment

Hi, jmhinkle,

I have a 9800GT that is Cuda supported
            9800GT is CUDA supported, this is confirmed, but, I am wondering are you running the latest version of DVDFab8.0.3.2 at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm?

Sincerely Yours
            Malcolm Wang

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
              Hi, jmhinkle,

9800GT is CUDA supported, this is confirmed, but, I am wondering are you running the latest version of DVDFab8.0.3.2 at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm?

Sincerely Yours
              Malcolm Wang
              As of last night yes, but I didn't bother trying it with Cuda enabled. Wanted to get through Toy Story 3 without crashing which the previous version was doing. Took over 8 hours to take a pre-ripped Toy Story 3 and make it a 25GB disc on an i7 860 running at 3.4Ghz.

Comment

Working...
              X