Dvd fab won't go pass "open dvd source" on my bd drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dvd fab won't go pass "open dvd source" on my bd drive

I need help. Since last August I have not being able to open a Blue Ray or DVD on my BD Drive. I am able to copy any DVD on my DVD Drive. I am a DVD FAB user for more than 3 years and I never had a problem before. That is why after buying a BD drive I bough a never expire license for Blue Ray Copy. The program worked fine on my LG BD drive on June and August, but after upgrading to version 8 I had problems opening blue ray discs. I will not go over open DVD Source. I change my bd drive to an HP BD340i thinking that the problem was the Blu Ray drive, but I have the same result. The BD drive is working since I can burn Blue Ray discs using Nero, and I can see Blue Ray movies using Cyberlink Power DVD 10, I even tried a trial copy of xxxxxx and it copies Blue Ray Discs (though the software is to slow for my taste). To save time on replies let me tell you that I completely uninstall the software, erase every registry key for DVDFAB, did a registry clean and re-install the software as administrator, I have also tweaked almost every option in the software. I also ran the software both as administrator and non-administrator and always get the same result. The only way I can get out of the "Open DVD Source Screen" and have my drive being able to work with other software is by re-booting my computer, since by just ending the application with the Start Task Manager it will close the DVDFAB but ther is no way to end the process (dvdfab32.exe keeps running as a process and it will not end). There is obviously a problem between DVDFAB and the BD Drive, the DVD drive works fine with the software. I have an old NVIDIA Card (GeForce 6800 XT) but I have the latest video drivers installed on my system.

My computer specs are: INTEL Motherboard with 8GB RAM
    Pentium 2 Core Quad CPU Q6700 2.66GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce 6800 XT (No CUDA is an old card)
    NEC DVD_RW ND-3550-A ATA DVD Drive
    HP BD Writer bd340i Serial ATA Blue Ray Drive
    2 1.5 TB Serial ATA Drive Raid Config
    1 1 TB Serial ATA Drive
    OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

I am also attaching the latest log files in my system. (I erased the previous ones re-installing the software)

I already ask technical support but have not had a reply, I though I could get a faster reply in the Forum. Please help, I have tried everything and still getting the same result. The only thing that remains is to format the drive and re-install the OS and every program I have on my computer which I would not want to do that for just one software problem.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AGJ; 10-17-2010, 07:19 AM. Reason: General Policies

Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Blu-ray drive. Reboot computer and let windows reinstall it. Then start DVDFab and see if that fixes the problem

Comment

AGJ: It did not work. DVDFAB will not go beyond the "Open Blue Ray Source" screen. Once again DVDFAB is the only software that will not read from the BD drive, Nero and Cyberlink, xxxxx will read the blue ray drive. (DVDFAB has no problem reading from my DVD_RW drive. The only difference from the drives (besides on drive being bd) is the interface. The DVD_RW drive is regular ATA and the bd drive is Serial ATA.
      Last edited by AGJ; 10-17-2010, 07:20 AM. Reason: General Policies

Comment

Download and install DVDFab Passkey http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=8398 to see if that can see the Blu-ray drive also check HP website to see if the Blu-ray drive has a firmware update
        Last edited by AGJ; 10-17-2010, 07:24 AM.

Comment

AGJ:

Here is the log from DVD passkey and DVDFAB still did no go beyond the blue screen. I don't know what should be passkey results. I ran DVDFAB after passkey and still not getting beyond the "Open Blue Ray Source screen". There is no firmware update available for the drive on the web. Is not even listed in the HP site. I am going later to the store and exchange it for the Pioneer BDR-205 later today. I will post the results with the new drive. Since Windows install the drivers automatically, I never bother to try un-installing previous bd drives drivers before removing the drive from my computer. Is this something I should do?
          Attached Files

Comment

Remember that a live internet connection is required for opening BDs. The logs indicate it is opening DVDs OK. Check the device filters in the registry or use ImgBurn->Tools->Filter driver load order to see if there are any possible conflicts there (and delete them).
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I just wanted to know if Passkey can open the Blu-ray for the trouble BD Drive and it seems that it did so something is wrong for why dvdfab not able to see the drive

Comment

Hi RICARDO,

Please do not open the other softwares like Nero and Cyberlink which would recognize BD drive automatically, maybe you need check/disable their settings to avoid this kind of corrupt about opening source DVDs.

Kind regards,
                sunny
                ________
                IOLITE VAPORIZER REVIEW
                Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Problem Solved

Hello Ricardo. I too had the exact same problem and just now solved the problem thanks to another thread posted here.

I did not use the Revo Unistaller as they suggested but I did remove the entire DVDFab folder from the Users/appdata as listed in that thread. I also uninstalled the DVDFAB8 app all together and then reinstalled. The software is now reading my BD disc from my external drive.

Comment

Fix did not work

Hi,
                    I am having the same problem but unfortunately the steps above didn't help. The biggest different is I don't see the DVDFab folder under Roaming even when DVDFab was installed. I reinstalled DVDFab 8022 several times and the folder is still not there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
                    Ryan

Comment

Working...
                    X