File not recongnize by Fab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File not recongnize by Fab

Hi Guys I am looking for some help please I have ripped a blu ray movie to my hard drive and looking to compress it to a DVD9 but for some reason Fab do not recongnize the file ( MT2S ).The file plays fine and can be recongnize my other programes any ideas many thanks

you cannot open it as a m2ts file, you need to open the parent directory containing the files. It has to be in Bluray structure to open.

Comment

Thank you for your reply do you mean I have to rip the whole disk then select main movie and compress to a DVD9 Thanks again

Comment

You can open the folder structure using the folder icon in the Source area near the top of the window on the right.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi Signals that is what I am doing. I have ripped main movie only in the folder main movie there is another folder which is the movie title and in that folder is another folder BDMV and in that folder is another folder Stream which contains the movie flle. I am opening up fab clicking on source folder icon selecting the folder which is the movie title and fab do not recongnize that folder I am sure I am doing it right but for some reason fab just do not recongnize the movie folder sorry if this has gone on a bit but I do really appreciate your help.

Comment

open the folder inside the "MainMovie" folder.

my example

"MainMovie" > "Repo Men" > BDMV & Certificate"

I selected the Repo Men folder to open, and it works.
            Last edited by crackinhedz; 10-31-2010, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Ok, in my case main movie Folder in that folder Batman Begins folder in that folder BDMV folder but no certificate is that the problem and if so why is the certificate missing. Thank you for all the help you are giving me.

Comment

yeah, you need the Certificate folder...check in your settings, I believe there is a setting that specifies whether to make the certificate folder or not...I would check for you but Im in the process of reading a disc, I cannot get into the settings.

Or you could try adding a Certificate folder, and inside that you need a Backup folder. There is nothing additional inside these folders...

CERTIFICATE -> BACKUP

add the CERTIFICATE folder with the BDMV folder and give that a try?

Comment

Thank you Crackinhedz you were spot on checked settings and the option to make a certificate was not selected. You can guess my next question what benefit would it give you not to make a certificate.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Army View Post
                    Thank you Crackinhedz you were spot on checked settings and the option to make a certificate was not selected. You can guess my next question what benefit would it give you not to make a certificate.
                    AVCHD does not require certificate, BD-R does require Certificate.

What benefit? probably nothing...just the way each file is read properly. AVCHD can be played on a DVD player while a BD-R is played from a Bluray player.

Comment

Just to add to what crackinhedz is saying, AVCHD is basically a Blu-ray structure, but it's the size of a DVD, and it CANNOT be played from a standalone DVD player, only a BD player that has AVCHD certification. He might be saying a computer DVD drive can play it, which it can.
                      SPECS
                      DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                      SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Originally posted by Racem22 View Post
                        He might be saying a computer DVD drive can play it, which it can.
                        No, I think I just bungled my whole statement!

I ment to say you can put AVCHD on a dvd disc...not sure why I said player.

Good catch!

Comment

Working...
                        X