Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie here, lots of questions.

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a solution to backup my Blu-Rays, my main reason is to be able to remove all the crap on the disk, this way when I press play only the movie starts.

I don't have my burner yet, I was looking at a LiteOn.

My questions are:

1- Will I be able to choose which language I want to keep, and can I keep more than one track?

2- Does the software tells you if you need to compress to fit on a 25GB?

3- What about compression, let say I keep one track and the movie only and it's 35GB, compressing it to 25GB, will the image suffer a lot? I have a 106'' screen so details are precious. Does it compress to the same codec?

4- Can I split on 2 disk if the size doesn't fit, this way I can keep the same video quality.

5- Can I say that most of the movies with one audio track and movie only will fit on a 25GB ?

6- What about PS3 compatibility with Verbatim BD-R?

7- Can I truck the movie by chapter, let say I want to do a demo disk taking chapter 7 from one BD and chapter 24 from another BD?

thank you everyone for your time.

Originally posted by tapidlittle View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am looking for a solution to backup my Blu-Rays, my main reason is to be able to remove all the crap on the disk, this way when I press play only the movie starts.

I don't have my burner yet, I was looking at a LiteOn.

My questions are:

1- Will I be able to choose which language I want to keep, and can I keep more than one track?

2- Does the software tells you if you need to compress to fit on a 25GB?

3- What about compression, let say I keep one track and the movie only and it's 35GB, compressing it to 25GB, will the image suffer a lot? I have a 106'' screen so details are precious. Does it compress to the same codec?

4- Can I split on 2 disk if the size doesn't fit, this way I can keep the same video quality.

5- Can I say that most of the movies with one audio track and movie only will fit on a 25GB ?

6- What about PS3 compatibility with Verbatim BD-R?

7- Can I truck the movie by chapter, let say I want to do a demo disk taking chapter 7 from one BD and chapter 24 from another BD?

thank you everyone for your time.
    I can answer some of your questions:

DVDFab shows all the languages that are on the movie. check the ones you want to keep.
    The size of the disk will show something like - 28gb to 23gb (84%compression).
    There seems to be no noticeable loss in the compression.
    It may be possible to save just one audio (which will reduce the size)
    I have used verbatim copies on my PS3.

I am also new but have experienced some of the items you are about to encounter. I hope this helps. And hopefully someone with more experience
    will fill in the blanks for you.

Comment

Hi tapidlittle,

For your split needs, please choose Main Movie module, click on "Title start/end settings", select the front half of main title, copy to hard drive, then select the latter half part to save on hard drive, then burn these two parts to your 2 disks separately.
      ________
      FEMALE ADVICE FORUM
      Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:59 PM.

Comment

tapidlittle
        You would need something like DVD Copy's Merge mode to mix the content from different discs. Blu-ray Copy does not have this feature, yet.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

thanks everyone.

I think I will go get a burner and try this software.
          What about compression quality on a high-end system. Let say going from 35GB to 25GB ?

I have a 106'' screen and I'm very picky with picture quality.

Comment

I got myself an LG 10x writer this week-end.

Some questions here:

With Rambo, no compression is required, why the extraction was around 16MBs when my reader is 10x, it should be a lot faster no?

With Toy Story 3, no compression required, the extraction was really slow, like 2-3mbps.

Is this normal?

The subpicture options, do they mean subtitle?

thanks.

Comment

Ok I have found my self that the extraction starts slow on some BR and then goes faster.

Comment

Working...
              X