Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to copy Avatar bluray to DVD

Hi:

Trying out the Bluray to DVD copy program with Avatar but something isn't working. It's taking about 2 hours on my high end desktop. All I get when it's finished is 4 .VOB files (no IFOs or anything else), one of which is just over 1 Gb and the other 3 are quite small (<1Mb). So it's not producing a burnable set of DVD files.

Anybody know what;s going on or how this should be working?

Thanks

Keith

We need more information. Post your log files. Is this the original Avatar or the new release with deleted scenes etc.? Also, please try v8.0.6.3 Beta version to see if the results are better.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Well, I updated the DVDfab software to the latest release version and it seems to work now. Nero gave me some burn errors when burning the files to disk but it seems to play OK in my stabnd-alone DVD player.

Comment

The Errors on starting to burn the files are:

1. "DVD video file reallocation failed"
        2. "Non-critical burn error"

Not sure if FengTao wants to look into this for the next release. Hardware is pretty up to date and software image was recently installed from scratch (using Nero 8). DVD copying is fine but Bluray to DVD gives these errors.

Comment

sktn77a
          Plese read this again
          Originally posted by signals View Post
          We need more information. Post your log files. Is this the original Avatar or the new release with deleted scenes etc.? Also, please try v8.0.6.3 Beta version to see if the results are better.
          I also suggest using ImgBurn to burn you will find it here along with a tutorial on setting it up with Fab http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=33
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Well, like I say, it seems to be ripping OK now since I updated to the latest version (no errors or unusual entries in the log). The burn errors come from Nero; I'll try IMGBURN net time.

Comment

Working...
            X