Newbie Question in Regards BluRay to DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Question in Regards BluRay to DVD

Bare with me. When i copy Blu-ray to DVD then it's no longer Bluray and then it's a Regular DVD?

Sorry for the dumb question....I'm new to this. I've only copied/back up copies of DVd-DVD....

My burners are BluRay players/ burners...and I'm attemting to burn BluRay and want some clarification...

Thanks,

Ty

Correct, Blu-ray to DVD converts the files to DVD-Video format for playback on any drive/player that plays DVDs.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by RC51Tofuman View Post
      Bare with me. When i copy Blu-ray to DVD then it's no longer Bluray and then it's a Regular DVD?
      Correct, if you're using DVDFab Blu-ray to DVD Converter
      then you are, in fact, converting BD (Blu-ray) files to standard DVD Video files.
      These files can be burned to standard, blank, dvd media and can be played on standard dvd players or in standard DVD-ROM drives.

You don't need a BD burner to do this, but you will need a BD-ROM DVD-Burner.

If you're planning to burn to BD media, then you'll need a BD burner

//Edit....darn, too slow again.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Darn-it....
        I want to burn BluRay to BluRay.

So that means I need to buy Dual Layer BluRay media?
        Last edited by maineman; 12-26-2010, 02:46 AM. Reason: error on my part...mm

Comment

Burning BluRay-BluRay

Moved

I'm a newbie that needs clarification. I"m so used to just burning DVd-Dvd.

I already have (2) BluRay Burners/Players and want to start burning BluRay.

Media I need to buy? Dual Layer Disc or BluRay Dual Layer? is there such a thing?

Sorry for the newbie questions...

Ty
          Last edited by maineman; 12-26-2010, 02:53 AM. Reason: Threads merged

Comment

Originally posted by RC51Tofuman View Post
            Darn-it....
            I want to burn BluRay to BluRay.

So that means I need to buy Dual Layer BluRay media?
            No, not necessarily.
            SL BD media is fine if:
            1) the BD files do not exceed approx 23,700 MB
            or
            2) you compress the BD files to fit on SL BD media
            Last edited by maineman; 12-26-2010, 02:52 AM.

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

@RC51Tofuman,

Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic.
              It fragments advice and only serves to frustrate anyone trying to help or follow the topic.

Please do some basic research and then if you're uncertain or unsure, don't hesitate to ask for help.

Comment

thanks....sorry about that...

Comment

Working...
                X