Wrong Aspect Ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong Aspect Ratio

Hi guys their seems to be a wrong aspect ratio in blue ray to dvd eg 1 convert a blue ray movie with no black bars on it it is a aspect ratio of 1.78.1 dvdfab converts it to 2.35.1 when i want it in the orgional aspect ratio with no black bars.

VDFab 8.2.1.5 (2012/10/16 16:54:23)

0m 01.83s: GPUAccelerate: 451
    0m 01.84s: CUDA cap: 0
    0m 01.84s: Support coreavc decode: 0
    0m 01.84s: Graphics info: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series : :
    0m 01.84s: Qt Translator file load success
    0m 01.90s: Load config successful.
    0m 02.01s: Init profile data driver sucessful.
    0m 06.50s: Init GPU settings sucessful.
    0m 06.50s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2dvd 0 file2bluray 1 file2mobile 0 filemover 0
    0m 06.51s: dvd2dvd:dvd2mobile:blu-ray2blu-ray:blu-ray2mobile:blu-ray23d:blu-ray2dvd:file2mobile:file2dvd:file2bluray:
    0m 06.78s: Config ExBar successful.
    0m 06.78s: dvd2dvd have 8 elements.
    0m 06.95s: dvd2mobile have 32 elements.
    0m 07.97s: blu-ray2blu-ray have 4 elements.
    0m 08.00s: blu-ray2mobile have 21 elements.
    0m 08.67s: blu-ray23d have 7 elements.
    0m 08.87s: blu-ray2dvd have 1 elements.
    0m 08.90s: file2mobile have 31 elements.
    0m 08.91s: file2dvd have 1 elements.
    0m 08.91s: file2bluray have 1 elements.
    0m 09.25s: Config work ui controls successful.
    0m 09.26s: Init burn engine successful.
    0m 09.34s: StartNotify successful.
    0m 16.56s: opening folder C:/Users/Justin/Desktop/MainMovie/BDROM/BDMV/
    0m 16.68s: got bdmv
    0m 16.73s: got extended bdinfo
    0m 16.87s: WorkAttr::Init Start
    0m 16.92s: WorkAttr::Init OK: DVD_VOB
    0m 24.78s:

here is a screen sample http://s14.postimage.org/sqqzusa4x/image.jpg

Please list the title of the movie, I don't recognize it. The bars may be present if the original BD is letterboxed I think, but usually this causes the image to look squashed, and yours looks fine.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Sorry the movie was Category 7: The End of the World but it is a blue ray movie of course and on my tv it has no black bars on the aspect ratio is 1.78.1 and i can confirm on my tv it has no black bars i have tried converting other movies and they all come out like this

Comment

Thanks for the info.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi,

Got the same issue here with 8.2.1.5. Trying to convert blue-ray to dvd my latest titles :

- Battleship
          - Avengers
          - Lorax
          - Snow White

All thoses titles are originally in 16:9 format with no letterboxing (top/bottom) but at the end, there's one.

Tried to convert an old title (Thor) that was successfully converted before with 8.2.1.0 with 8.2.1.5 version and same problem occur. So this version have a problem somewhere.

Comment

It will be fixed in next version, sorry for the trouble.
            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

just to let you know the bug is present in dvdfab 9 as well

Comment

Wrong aspect ratio using Blu ray to DVD function

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
                It will be fixed in next version, sorry for the trouble.
                Yes, I got the Sam results.
                Video is 16:9 on Blu ray disc (anamorphic) but winds up with another set of top and bottom black bars added to the original Blu ray video.

Aspect is stretched wide. Everything and everyone is short, wide and fat.

I am running latest version 10/22/2012.

When will this be fixed; how soon?

Thanks.

FM.

PS. I own both PC and Mac versions and problem occurs in both OS versions.

Comment

I noticed this problem too .... very annoying... please fix soon

Thanks

Comment

As you can plainly see from the post from Fengtao, it is being fixed, please have some patience.

Comment

It's fixed in 8216, please have a try and tell us the result.

Thanks!

Wilson
                      Please post your logs the default location is:
                      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

thanks a lot fantastic works great now

Comment

I have 8.2.2.6.
                          The problem in DVD Creator is now reversed.
                          My DVD-5 copy of my blue ray "Flight" has everything stretched vertically.
                          i.e. everything is tall and skinny.
                          The picture fills the full screen (16:9) with no black bands anywhere.

Comment

Having the same problem with Harry Potter 1. Blue ray is in 2.40:1, after BR->DVD the aspect ratio is 16:9 with vertical stretching in both VLC player and DVDFab mediaplayer.

On a side note, in the title selection box in DVDFab BR->DVD, the aspect ratio is showing up as 16:9. The title is anamorphic widescreen, not letterboxed, so the image data isn't actually 16:9. Apparently, it's reading the ratio incorrectly and converting to what it (incorrectly) thinks it should be rather than what it actually is.

[edit] On a further note, I loaded up several other Blu-ray titles, and every single one was listed as 16:9, regardless of their actual aspect ratio. Also, I loaded up a widescreen DVD into DVD Ripper and all the titles listed as either 4:3 or 16:9 despite the movie being neither.
                            Last edited by Toccatta; 01-16-2013, 08:08 PM.

Comment

The only program I have found that will keep the correct 2.40 to 1 is other "free" software.
                              Last edited by CBR929; 01-16-2013, 09:06 PM. Reason: forum rules

Comment

Working...
                              X