What am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I doing wrong?

I have ripped 5 BD now (all 4 Indiana Jones & the latest Diary of a Wimpy kid).

BD -> DVD9

Each and every time I have ended up with a whole bunch of chapters that are 15 seconds.

Usually, one is at the beginning, and the rest are grouped together somewhere in the middle. Those in the middle are usually one chapter. IN other words, say instead of having chapter 19 being some 4 minutes long, it shows as 16 chapters of 15 seconds each with a 17th chapter of 7 seconds.

Why? Can anything be done to fix this?

Using 9.0.1.8

Wow, that is odd. I am testing one now to see if I can duplicate it.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers.............

Comment

I just did Trouble with the Curve and the DVD output has the exact same number of chapters as the original. Please clarify if you are using BD9 or DVD9 settings, they are not the same thing.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts

Comment

Definitely DVD9. The difference I see in the GUI:

BD9 -> you must press "NEXT", with more choices on the next page
        DVD9 -> you must press "Start"

But most definitely, DVD9.

Ok...I see the/an issue... If I use VLC to load the DVD files, it does in fact show the correct number of chapters.

If I load the same source into Handbrake, it is seeing a whole lot of 15 second chapters....no idea why though.

Try loading your DVD files into handbrake and see what happens....

Comment

LOL As you may guess, I do not use Handbrake, sorry. If VLC sees the chapters OK, I would have to assume the output structure is OK. I will try the one I did with a couple of different players.

/////////////EDIT//////////
          Please attach the VTS_01_0.IFO file to a post. I see something odd in mine.

Comment

Attached are all 5...here are the prefixes...

Diary of a wimpy Kid (DOAWK)
            Indiana Jones The Last Crusade (IJTLC)
            Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark (IJROTLA)
            Indiana Jones Temple of Doom (IJTOD)
            Indiana Jones Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (IJKOTCS)
            Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, same problem. It will probably not effect playback but may cause parsing problems for further processing. I will pass this along to the QA Team when the office reopens.

Comment

timmymack and others

The developers are checking this. I am moving this thread to the BD to DVD forum, where it should be.

Comment

Hi there,
                  We have found this issue and try to fix it. Please wait for the fixed release. Thanks for your support!

Comment

What shall I look for in the release notes as being fixed?
                    Is it fixed in 9.0.2.0?

Comment

Please try it and report back. There are always small bug fixes that are not listed in the changelog.

Comment

You can click "Start"->"All application"->DVDFab->DVDFab History to check the change log.
                        The 15s chapters in the middle of the DVD is for DVD burnning layer break. It can be palyed well except the added chapters. If we remove these, it will cause burnning error. We are try our best to improve it. Sorry for the trouble.

Comment

No Dice, Man.

Looks like it dropped one chapter, but not the bunch it was supposed to....

DVDfab 9.0.1.8 -> 45 CHapters
                          DVDfab 9.0.2.0 -> 44 Chapters
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
                            You can click "Start"->"All application"->DVDFab->DVDFab History to check the change log.
                            The 15s chapters in the middle of the DVD is for DVD burnning layer break. It can be palyed well except the added chapters. If we remove these, it will cause burnning error. We are try our best to improve it. Sorry for the trouble.
                            Maybe it's worth an option "no Burn" or something if the end user knows for sure that s/he will not be burning the resulting media.

I have not tried, but is that to say if I choose DVD5 I will not have to worry?

Also, why do chapters work when ripping BluRay but not when ripping DVD?

THanks

Comment

Ok, I just tried using DVD5...which DOES NOT support Dual Layer.

Why would the software create all the extra 15 second chapters for multi-layer burning when it will not ever need to be used.

This is certainly a bug. Please fix.

Attached are both IFO files.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X