No announcement yet.

Trouble with converting bluray to dvd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I have an over heating issue. I tried my cpu temp gadget on my desktop but because my system shut down completely it was hard to tell but you are correct all signs point to that.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
      Hi ripvanwinkle1819
      If using a media player, why not use the ripper function?
      This will still heat up your laptop though.
      CBR929
      Ripper function you are refering to making a bluray iso? I was going for file size I only have a 1tb external drive connected to my asus oplay unit. A blu ray iso eats up a lot of space.

Comment

A ripper mkv.h264.audiocopy file will usually take up less space than a BR->DVD if disk space is your concern.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          A ripper mkv.h264.audiocopy file will usually take up less space than a BR->DVD if disk space is your concern.
          Your right. Problem is even when I tried video converter I still crashed. I read another post where I could have ripped the blu ray to my hd then tried the conversion. still crashed. Is there any settings on my laptop I can change I am running windows 7 home. Like a limiter on cpu usage or would this conflict with fab?

Comment

You shouldn't be using the converter for a start.

Rip the BR to your HDD first using the Copy function then use the Ripper function to open the folder or ISO and use it to create the MKV.

I'd try it with any GPU or speed up crap turned off as a test for a start and make sure that the lappie is not overheating. Sitting it on two blocks so that there is an air gap below it and a desk fan pointed at it can help considerably.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

You could always stick the lappie in the refrigerator whilst transcoding or on a block of ice!

Comment

Thats a good idea let me try that I will try that I will have to get back to you on that. I will try and set up something this weekend.

Must have a (sea monster)

Comment

Originally posted by gregiboy View Post
                  you could always stick the lappie in the refrigerator whilst transcoding or on a block of ice! :d
                  LOL
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                    You could always stick the lappie in the refrigerator whilst transcoding or on a block of ice!
                    Better drink all the beer first to make room Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by ripvanwinkle1819 View Post
                      Better drink all the beer first to make room Thanks for the help.
                      I think GregiBoy could help you with that!!!
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Better hurray up I sudden am suffering from (I-need-a cold-beer-in-my-hand-itis)

I will try the fan idea though. Sounds old school. But aren't we all.

Comment

Maybe get a can of compressed air and blow out any dust.
                          I've taken my daughters apart and couldn't believe the dust inside.
                          CBR929

Comment

Nah, on the Chardonnay now. It has a far better PF (Pissedness Factor)

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                            I think GregiBoy could help you with that!!!
                            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

Comment

That was one of the first things I did. I had read a post somewhere and another member had done the same thing and it worked. I am actually thinking of a lap top cooling fan. The tray type that sit under the unit. There's a cheapo electronics store close by they sell them for around 7.00 cdn. May do the trick. I will post my results in case anyone else has the same issues and need a hopefull fix.

Thanks for all the info and help. ( sorry all the talk of beer is making thirsty)

regards rip

Comment

Not the dreaded "Sea Monster"!!

Originally posted by ripvanwinkle1819 View Post
                                Must have a (sea monster)

Comment

Working...
                                X