No announcement yet.

Trouble with converting bluray to dvd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay guys back with some results. Okay I have identified the cause of my laptop crashing when converting bluray to dvd. The GPU on my graphics card is overheating. Did a background on www and have found out that my graphics card is limited and really not the best pairing to my motherboard.

When I am converting my cpu usage is around 94 - 98% (quad core) I watched the cpu temp running hot but that was nothing abnormal. The only drastic change was the gpu temp. At 2% of the convertion process the temp shoots up to around 70 Celcius. The laptop shuts off because of over heating. makes sense cpu running at almost maximum generates more heat than normal. There is only one vent on the back of the laptop all the heat has to try and escape from here.

Experiment 1 No go with block of ice sorry gregiboy

Experiment 2 Purchased a cheap laptop cooling unit running of usb. Okay
    but not enough. This did slow gpu heating down but the
    conversion ran to 6% than laptop overheated.
    Experiment 3 Problem is heated air is not escaping fast enough so still using
    the laptop cooling fan cool air going in a have my
    central vacuum resting a couple of inches from the vent on
    the laptop. Gpu temp remains steady at 48 Celcius.
    Experiment 4 In dvdfab setting turned on all excelerators back on and tried
    another conversion. Gpu holds at 50 to 51 celcius.

I know very old school but it works And I still have some beer in the fridge. I know this is but a bandaid but there may be another underlined problem yet to discover but for now this does correct overheating problem.

Comment

Hi ripvanwinkle1819
      As I said in my previous post, you would not believe the dust that gets into these laptops, and even with compressed air it does not take it out in places you need it to.
      If your comfortable with taking it apart and cleaning it by all means do so, you will be amazed at the dust.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
        Hi ripvanwinkle1819
        As I said in my previous post, you would not believe the dust that gets into these laptops, and even with compressed air it does not take it out in places you need it to.
        If your comfortable with taking it apart and cleaning it by all means do so, you will be amazed at the dust.
        CBR929
        Your right I will get some compressed air and blow it out I have found a video on you tube on a complete tare down and rebuild of my machine. I can use this as a reference for how for i have to tare it down.

I hope my trial and error was at least somewhat informative or at least a bit comical. Thanks for your input.

regards rip

Comment

Your priorities are totally correct keeping the block of ice for the beer!
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            Your priorities are totally correct keeping the block of ice for the beer!
            Cheers mate! I think I managed to suck up the sea monster at the same time.

Comment

Working...
            X