Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't select DVD9

Hi,

I'm trying to convert a Blue ray to DVD9, but I can't select the DVD9. I keep going back to DVD5.

Take a look at this, and it is a known GUI glitch: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showpost.php...14&postcount=3
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Bd to dvd 9 problem

I have tried on several occassions to Rip BD to DVD 9 but although the software allows me to select DVD 9 as the output it consistently shrinks the movie to DVD 5 then warns me that the disc I have inserted is DVD 9 and only DVD 5 is required. I only have dual layer discs at the moment so I burn to DVD 9 but I am wasting half the disc. Any help appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Garry E View Post
        I have tried on several occassions to Rip BD to DVD 9 but although the software allows me to select DVD 9 as the output it consistently shrinks the movie to DVD 5 then warns me that the disc I have inserted is DVD 9 and only DVD 5 is required. I only have dual layer discs at the moment so I burn to DVD 9 but I am wasting half the disc. Any help appreciated

Hi Garry E,
        This issue has been solved in the latest revised version of DVDFab 9031. Please visit http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB9_BETA and update your DVDFab to this version. You just need to overwrite your existing version of DVDFab 9031.
        User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
        For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
        For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
        For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Thank you for your quick response. I will update and try tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ning View Post
            Hi Garry E,
            This issue has been solved in the latest revised version of DVDFab 9031. Please visit http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB9_BETA and update your DVDFab to this version. You just need to overwrite your existing version of DVDFab 9031.
            I think perhaps not. Still the same result for me

Comment

9.0.3.1 was revised on the 19th and the revised version works fine. Actually both versions work the glitch is in the GUI only, it will go ahead and make a DVD-9 even though it says DVD-5 in the initial version.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                9.0.3.1 was revised on the 19th and the revised version works fine. Actually both versions work the glitch is in the GUI only, it will go ahead and make a DVD-9 even though it says DVD-5 in the initial version.
                The output size of my rip shows as 4.3GIG. DVD 9 is selected as the output media. How can you say that is working. I have installed the latest beta last night.

Comment

Because it works for me. If it doesn't work for you I don't know what to tell you?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Here is what I get. Doing ConAir BR to DVD-9 now and I'll post the file size when finished in about 30 minutes.
                    Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Yep it works fine! Why don't you try a clean uninstall and reinstall? Something is not updating properly for you.
                      Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Here is what I get. Doing ConAir BR to DVD-9 now and I'll post the file size when finished in about 30 minutes.
                        Thank you for going to that amount of trouble. That is exactly the same screen I see except the output size ia locked on 4.3 Gig. BTW I tried to upload a screen dump last night but I only had an option to insert URL location. I coudn't browse to my capture pic on my desktop. Perhaps it is time for uninstall/reinstall. I will try that tonight and let you know. Thanks

Comment

Sure, download Ccleaner if you don't have it and run it on the registry after you uninstall until it doesn't find any issues, usually takes me three time thru to get them all.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Sure, download Ccleaner if you don't have it and run it on the registry after you uninstall until it doesn't find any issues, usually takes me three time thru to get them all.
                            OK finally got around to all of this. Ran Revo Uninstaller to uninstall version 8 & 9 of FAB then 4 passes of ccleaner just to be sure then fresh install and registration and restart. Same result. I am trying to maintain a positive outlook to this but given my experience with Fab to date I am not surprised by this outcome....hit and miss would appear the logo for this company. I'm sorry moderators I know you do your best and it is appreciated but is there ever going to be a day when we can honestly say we are getting what we paid for?

Edit: Never let it be said that I am not a fair man. I tried another disc and it behaved the way I would have expected.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Garry E; 03-28-2013, 10:12 AM. Reason: new information

Comment

Please update to v9032 or later, BD to DVD works perfectly for DVD-5 or DVD-9 sizes, I just did one yesterday.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                              X