Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BD to DVD Playback starts in middle of movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD to DVD Playback starts in middle of movie?

I am converting my Star Wars Complete Saga BD to DVD for my son to take on vacation. The players support recordable media playback. Quality is not an issue, but in my car and on the portable players it starts in the middle of the movie? It works fine on my pc, but not in the players?? Any ideas??

Media

Could it be that I was using double layer media and the players don't recognize the first layer? Would going to single layer in DVD5 format fixit?

Comment

If you go to DVD5 it has been my experience that -R media don't work well in the car, use +R and set the booktype to DVD-ROM just in case.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks

I'll definitely give that a try. Thanks. I am re-doing #1 as we speak. I will post any updates.

Comment

Media and format change no help...

I changed to single layer media (verbatim LightScribe DVD-R) and DVD5 format and it still starts in the middle?? I can try to change chapters in the menu function of the player but it still starts well into the movie, even if I select chapter 1. It lists 51 chapters which the movie has, but chapter 1 is not the start?? It is a different place than the dual layer DVD9 formatted dvd but still well into the movie. Any ideas???

Comment

It may be picking a bogus title. Are you using the title that DVDFab selects or choosing another?

Albert Einstein

Comment

The one DVDFab picks. The first one shows 2:16:00 play time and 51 chapters.

Comment

It's possible that it is picking the wrong title, if there is another in the same time frame select it and use the preview feature to see where it starts. Preview is great for that purpose.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I understand the logic, but the data is there. Recall the disc plays perfectly in my PC. I don't understand why it is playable on my PC DVD player, but not a standalone DVD player. The two I have to choose from are in my car and a portable Panasonic unit, which is where he is going to use them. Both the car and the portable player start the movie at the same exact point which is of course not the beginning, nor the beginning of a chapter.

Comment

That's a new one on me, I guess it didn't sink in But like I said +R bitset to DVD-ROM is all I've ever got to play correctly or at all on those if you're talking about the small battery operated player.
                    Last edited by 90312; 06-27-2013, 08:50 PM.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't have any +R, I guess I will have to track some down and try it out. Luckily a co-worker has the dvd's and will loan them to me for this trip and the little one won't be disappointed. I will update once the +R media is tried.

Comment

I am having the same trouble. It seems to start at chapter 2 and doesn't recognise the first chapter. Even pressing previous chapter on the remote doesn't work, you can only get the the beginning of the movie by fast searching back.
                        It didn't used to do this - only started happening recently when software updated.
                        Using latest version DvdFab 9

Comment

Please zip and attach the VIDEO_TS.IFO and VTS_01_0.IFO files from the DVD-5 and DVD-9 sizes of the output folder. I am assuming that all of the discs in the box set produce this result. I will test it with Phantom Menace.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

This works as it should with Phantom Menace. I removed all extraneoous audio streams and left only the top english subs. The predicted size was 8100 MB, actual size 8110 MB. It does not start with chapter 2, but with the "..in a galaxy far, far away" episode summary followed by the scene shown in the capture attached. I used v9047.
                            Attached Files
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I should have said that the last one I did was from the film 'The Watch' although it has happened with some others.
                              Looking further it doesn't seem to be a particular chapter rather than an early point in the movie.
                              Have attached the files.
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X