BD to DVD Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD to DVD Quality

Is there a way to avoid loss of quality when converting BD to dvd? does using DVD9 help or it will lose anyway?

It depends on the original content of the BD and how it was made. Generally, DVDs made from BDs look better than a native DVD, even using DVD5 output size. All other things being equal, DVD9 is certainly better.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I will try then when the movie world war z unrated is available because unrated will be only for blu ray format and i'm interested to do that process, thanks.

Comment

Don't forget though, you must expect to lose quality when you go from >25Gb to <4.5Gb.

The big points are whether it's noticeable to YOUR eyes and, if it is, is the result still acceptable?
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks,your response answered my question. Blu to DVD better than native DVD?

Comment

Blu to DVD a DVD or a blu-ray compressed onto a DVD?

Comment

BD to DVD9 is visually superior to any original DVD I have ever seen. BD to DVD5 is very good also, with most content it is at least equal to the original DVD. BD to DVD is re-encoded to MPEG-2 and contains all normal DVD-Video files (IFO, BUP and VOB). You can make a BD9 or BD5 (BD compressed and burned to a DVD blank) using Blu-ray Copy settings that are highly compressed but still have Blu-ray structure (but also look very good when played back).
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
              X