No announcement yet.

Blu-ray to dvd conversion problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want a dvd 9 disk then post your failed attempt for the dvd 9 disk.
    You should be to be connected to the internet as their are some errors finding and checking your Fab account in the log.

0m 21.34s: error curl post: Couldn't resolve host name, 0m 00.38s: Times of connecting error is: 2
    0m 00.38s: Get registration info failed, the return string is:
    0m 00.38s: error curl post: Couldn't resolve host name
    0m 21.34s: failed to open 302

Seems both fab made blu rays to dvds the 5 and 9 are to big to burn.My blank disks for dvd5 are 4.38 gigs formatted the Fab made file is 4.65 same problem with the dvd9 my disks are 7.96 gigs formatted the Fab made file is 8.25 gigs.

Did you change the default data size in Fab settings for burning dvd's?
    If so change it back to the Fab defaults and try again.

I would stick to to dvd9 disks.

I wouldn't want to see a dvd5 disk with all this info on it.
    Last edited by glenns; 12-30-2013, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Hi Glenns;
      The latest (still failed)
      Launched FVDFab9. Tried to burn 4.65 GB data on DVD+R. I used both usb external drive and built-in drive (optical drive?). Both attempts failed. The message is the same under progress:

Task_1 Failed. Error: 4000

Is this happening because I am using a single layer (+R) disc? I assumed 4.7 +R should have enough to burn 4.65 GB movie files.
      Yes, I changed the default size from 4.4 to 4.7. Also, 8.3 to 8.5 for DL.
      Is this a bad idea? My thought behind this is to use all the space available on blank disk for a better quality video. Maybe, it is a dumb idea!
      I will try to burn with DVD+R DL and see what happens!!

I checked the burn log. There is absolutely nothing foe the latest attempt that took place few minutes ago.

* Okay, tried DVD 9 .. same result. Error: 4000
      What a dilemma!!! Thanks for your time and patience

Comment

I checked on this this very morning and the software is just not compressing enough. 4.7GB is base 10 and how it is sold computers use binary which is roughly 4.38GB so that's all that will fit on a single layer disk. I made a BR into a single layer and had to select 4300MB to get enough compression to make it small enough to fit. You're on the right track just set the DVD5 small enough so that your result is 4.38GB or smaller.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks Moderator. This is the latest:
          Tried to convert the same BR disc to DVD. It showed 10 segments. Roughly 40-46 minute long. the software usually stops at 6/10. Today, it stopped at 3/10!!!
          As requested, I sent the info to DVDFab9.
          I am posting the internal log.
          During the process, I walked away from my laptop, and kept the internet connection on.
          Thanks as usual.
          This is my first attempt with conversion. I never had problems with DVD copy.
          Happy new year to all.
          Attached Files

Comment

I meant error: 400 ()
            sorry!

Comment

Another attempt failed!!
              Here's what I did:

Under copy mode, I chose DVD5 as output. Video bitrate : 583 kbps 4300 MB
              out of 10 titles, the software converted first two. Then, it stopped at the third title.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi skoy
                Error 400 DVD_Error_Transcoder Error
                Are you changing the out put file name at all?
                You will get this error if you use illegal characters in the file name, the drive has trouble reading the disc, or I think you will get this if there is too many characters in the file name.
                I have also seen where Fab will not compress enough to fit the disc specified, as stated try lowering the compression size to see if you can get it to fit on a disc.
                CBR929
                Last edited by CBR929; 12-30-2013, 11:23 PM. Reason: Added text
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Two different things going on, the size issue is one thing and the 400 error is a transcoding error during the copy process. I'm not sure aabout the 400 error. set the dvd9 size to 7900MB and give it a shot to the HDD.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for the responses. The latest:
                    Used DVDFab8.(The latest after downloading and launching it.)
                    Picked DVD5 as output. Didn't change folder/file name. The program showed 21 titles. Picked first 10 that had 40 minute plus data. Video bit rate : 898 kbps 4300 MB.

The good news: It took 3,5 hrs to compress from BR to DVD. ouch!!! The data was small enough to fit on DVD5. Used the internal DVD RW drive. It burnt the blank DVD5 in 15 minutes. Playable in standalone DVD player.

The bad news: the sound is great. but, the video is occasionally grainy. Reminded me of a copy of a copy of old VHS tapes.
                    Don't get me wrong. It is watchable. But, the quality , in my humble opinion, should be better.
                    Is this normal when you convert from 40 GB BR to DVD5?
                    Unfortunately, I am unable to convert to DVD9!!! both Fab9 and fab8 fail for some reason.
                    I am going to attach both internal and burn files from dvdfab8. They might be helpful to you gurus out there.
                    Thanks as usual. Cheers.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi skoy
                      That is a lot of compression and there is bound to be video loss.
                      Your using Verbatim discs which is good.
                      Were you renaming the files? If so try not as stated in my previous post, and try compressing down to DVD9
                      Another thing to try is using software only and no Cuda in Fab settings, note the time will jump up for conversion time but, the video quality might be much better.
                      You could do this over night while sleeping.
                      CBR929
                      Last edited by CBR929; 12-31-2013, 02:19 AM.
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Hello CBR 929;
                        would u explain what u mean with this "using software only and no Cuda"?
                        sorry, I am so new to this conversion thing.

I don't mean to change the subject. but, I don't understand one thing.

Here, in The States, DVD5 holds 4,7 GB and DVD9 holds 8,5 GB data. the default size at DVDFab is lower. what is the reason for this?
                        Does the software require couple hundred MB's for writing extra files? Or, the blank data sold in different countries offer less space?

Comment

I don't fool with changing file names at all. The data is saved in MY DVD folder.
                          Also, FAB9 eventually stops working if I prefer DVD9. if I have my preference, I'd rather have double layer disc for a better quality.
                          I have Season 1-2-3 (each has 3 discs) in DVD's. it was a piece of cake making DVD9 copies on hard drive, then burning them on DVD+R DL's.
                          My attempt to convert BR discs to DVD is a total failure.
                          I can't figure it out what kind of changes to make under settings for a smooth transaction.

Comment

I guess I didn't explain very well, makers of blank discs sell them based on actual bytes on the media 4,700,000,000 or 8,500,000,000 bytes. The computer reads and writes in binary so a Gigabyte 1,073,741,824 bytes.
                            4,700,000,000 divided by 1,073,741,824 is 4.377216100692749 Gigabytes that a computer can use. And there is the difference.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi skoy
                              If you do not understand and need help, that is what this forum is for, education and help.
                              Please read my friends post 18 again.
                              Here is some more info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_recordable and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-5#Capacity
                              You would change the settings in Fab here, see pic
                              Hope this helps
                              CBR929
                              Attached Files

Comment

To clarify a bit more and since DVDFab uses Megabytes to set size, a megabyte in computer speak is 1,048,576 bytes so 4.7GB divided by megabytes is 4482 maximum and you really don't want to write all the way to the outer edge so keep it smaller than 4482MB.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X