DVDFab Forum - The Other Guys (Cinevia)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Other Guys (Cinevia)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BD to DVD The Other Guys (Cinevia)

    I am trying to back up "The Other Guys" and "21 Jump Street" (Movie) to DVD and play on an xbox 360 where I understand that Cinevia shouldn't be an issue (Correct me if I'm wrong).

    Attached is my log.

    I get an error and shut down message.

    Please advise.
    Attached Files

  • #2
    since the xbox 360 can connect to the internet it is possible it become infected
    with cinevia. play your dvds on something that doesn't have a network connection.
    and yes, some dvds have cinevia.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by october262 View Post
      since the xbox 360 can connect to the internet it is possible it become infected
      with cinevia. play your dvds on something that doesn't have a network connection.
      and yes, some dvds have cinevia.
      Thanks October-still hopeful for some insight based upon the logs for the shut down error.

      Do you know if the regular DVD format has the cinevia issue as well or is it just BD?

      I will also remember to disconnect the xbox when I play it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bgcrew View Post
        Thanks October-still hopeful for some insight based upon the logs for the shut down error.

        Do you know if the regular DVD format has the cinevia issue as well or is it just BD?

        I will also remember to disconnect the xbox when I play it.
        disconnecting the xbox from the internet will have no effect on the cinevia
        issue. yes, some dvds also have the cinevia protection.

        Comment


        • #5
          Some of your log sessions indicate a problem for DVDFab connecting to the internet to verify product licenses. This might also impact Blu-ray decryption which is part of BD to DVD.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers.............

          Comment


          • #6
            How do we fix this?

            I downloaded the new key to get the BD converter option to register.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bgcrew View Post
              How do we fix this?
              Given Cinavia's watermark protection can't currently be removed. All you can do is try the following: -

              Don't purchase Cinavia infested 'disc based' media in the first place!

              Play your Cinavia infested 'disc based' back-ups on a playback device that does not support Cinavia detection.

              Don't store your Cinavia infested back-ups on 'disc based' media. Store them on an USB connected HDD. And connect the HDD to your Xbox 360.


              Cheers
              I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
              I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
                Given Cinavia's watermark protection can't currently be removed. All you can do is try the following: -

                Don't purchase Cinavia infested 'disc based' media in the first place!

                Play your Cinavia infested 'disc based' back-ups on a playback device that does not support Cinavia detection.

                Don't store your Cinavia infested back-ups on 'disc based' media. Store them on an USB connected HDD. And connect the HDD to your Xbox 360.


                Cheers
                Thanks for your words, the resolution request I was referring to was the crashing of the program when the disc is in process. If the program crashes when ripping the disc then there is no way to even put it on a usb drive (Regardless of your advice).

                Comment


                • #9
                  bg
                  Check the installer file you used for v9.1.7.4, if it is named DVDFabv9.1.7.4US.exe, that could be the problem and you will need a 3rd-party workaround such as the ones discussed here on the DVDFab website.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers.............

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by signals View Post
                    bg
                    Check the installer file you used for v9.1.7.4, if it is named DVDFabv9.1.7.4US.exe, that could be the problem and you will need a 3rd-party workaround such as the ones discussed here on the DVDFab website.
                    Thanks. Always d/l the installer direct (due to admin settings I set up on pc) and run as Admin.

                    Already using the 3rd party as advised.

                    What's next?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Next is to try to reproduce the problem. For Other Guys, is this the "Unrated Other Edition" (that has the theatrical and extended versions)?
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers.............

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by signals View Post
                        Next is to try to reproduce the problem. For Other Guys, is this the "Unrated Other Edition" (that has the theatrical and extended versions)?
                        Yes-I was going after the Extended Version with is title 2 (as shown by longer length of time compared to title 1)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think I have it, I will check and see if I can find it.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers.............

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by signals View Post
                            I think I have it, I will check and see if I can find it.
                            Would you mind sending me a PM and explaining?

                            Also based upon your experience and what you see with my logs, would I be experiencing this with 21 jump street as well?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I have found my copy of Other Guys and will test it.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers.............

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X