X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD to BD Films wont play

Hi
    Can anybody help !
    I have just purchased DVDFAb DVD to BLURAY Converter but have some problems.
    I have created a 50gb bluray disc with 8 DVD films with menu.
    Going into the menu I find all the films but only 3 of 8 will play.
    The ones that dont play just hang on a black screen.
    Any help would be appreciated !
    Bobt47
    DVDfab 7.0.4.0 - Imgburn 2.5.0.0 - PowerDVD8 Player
    Core i7 920 - 6Gb RAM - GTX295 Graphics - LG BH10LS30 Bluray Writer ( latest firmware).
    Method - Rip full movie to ISO - Open ISO and rip main movie to 25GB - Remove unneeded foreign soundtracks - Burn. at 2X on 4x Traxdata Bluray Discs.

Are the ones that will (or won't) play in any particular position (like the first ones or the last ones)? If you can locate the DVDFab internal log session and the burn log from this project, please attach them to a post.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi
      Thank you for your reply.
      On looking again it is only the first film that will play, but when that has finished it will carry on with the second film etc.
      Also
      The film thumnails all appear under SCENES which I am not sure is correct.
      I am unable to find the log as it doesnt seem to be in the dvdfab logs folder.
      Regards
      bobt47
      Core i7 920 - 6Gb RAM - GTX295 Graphics - LG BH10LS30 Bluray Writer ( latest firmware).
      Method - Rip full movie to ISO - Open ISO and rip main movie to 25GB - Remove unneeded foreign soundtracks - Burn. at 2X on 4x Traxdata Bluray Discs.

Comment

Hi,

Please tell us your Blu-ray player model.

Going into the menu I find all the films but only 3 of 8 will play.
        The ones that dont play just hang on a black screen.
        Black screen when playing from scenes?

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

We did some playback compatibility in the new Beta V9177, please try again and post your result.

Thanks!

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi
            I think this is the log for that burn
            Regards
            bobt47
            Burn Folder D:/BLURAY/IRONCLAD.iso -----------------------------------------------

18:38:37 Info RootDir: C:/Users/Bob/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/MainMovie/IRONCLAD/

18:38:37 Info VolumeName: IRONCLAD

18:38:37 Info WriteMode: 4

18:38:37 Info bMiniISO: 0

18:38:37 Info Generate3DParts()

18:38:37 Info SetUDFRevision(592)

18:38:37 Info Master()

18:38:37 Info Build()

18:42:10 Info BurnFinished
            Attached Files

Comment

Please ignore the last post as that was NOT the correct log !
              Which log is it I need to send as I cant seem to find a log with the info of the DVD's I put onto the bluray disc
              Regards
              bobt47

Comment

You need to post the DVDFab internal log, the filename is DVDFab_internal.log, you can find it in the same folder where the burn log was located. Use Notepad to view it and select the log session from when the conversion was made.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi
                  The bluray player is SONY BDPS1100.
                  Still cant find a log for the DVD to BLURAY conversion.
                  I will redo it and look for a log with the same date.
                  Thank You
                  bobt47

Comment

BD to DVD folders won't play

Last winter I converted many BD folders to DVD folders and put them on a USB drive to take with me on vacation and they played well with WMC on Win8.1. These folders do play now with DVDfab player (new install) Win10.

However a few weeks ago I converted another batch of BD folders for the same reason and none of them play in the DVDfab Pro player, nor Nero play nor WMC (win8.1). I have also noticed a small number of BD disk to folder copies and DVD disk to folder copies don't play but it happened rarely and I ignored the problem for that reason.

This time none of the recent conversions appear to be playable although from what I can tell (and I don't know much about video folders) there is no apparent difference between folders that do and don't play.
                    Can anyone explain what is happening and what, if anything, I can to about it?

Update: Yes, the BD folders I converted from do play OK. erl

thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X