DVD to BD loosing functionality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD to BD DVD to BD loosing functionality

First off, i'm running 9179 in the US, win 7 - I had accepted the 9180 update but apparently it didn't take on an "overwrite" installation
    not sure what's going on. A few months back on 9168, when i upgraded to 917x (iirc 9171), i noticed on BD and DVD burns, it would not verify, even though "verify" had been selected. Then after buying DVD to BD, it worked fine for a bit and i took a lot of tv episodes and burnt to BD - then it stopped letting me "DRAG AND DROP" THE files into the "to BD" box, but would let me select the files by browsing and i could hit "control + alt" and select a number of files.

then it stopped letting me do that and i had to use the "+" to add one title at a time

Now it's even stopped doing that - even though i want to burn 6-7 episodes of a tv show, it will only accept 1 title

wtf??

i did a complete re-install of every program, including windows as i bought a new SSD, and hoped with the fresh installation, it might restore functionality -

i've tried un-installing and re-installing earlier versions going back to my orig purchase (9168). i've tried un-installing and doing a new install of the latest, well the latest of a week ago, 9179, and no luck

any suggestions?

sorry, should have said, when it's thru burning the DVD or the Blu-ray disc, it starts the verifying process or shows in the left column, "verify started" but nothing happens - the progress bar at the top right shows no "green" filling in, and if i check computer useage under the "control +alt+delete" to task bar, it shows CPU useage down at 0 to 1% and memory useage at 1-2 gb

i've let it sit 35 to 40 minutes in case it was verifying somewhere in the background, but nothing ever happens.

Comment

WELL, i managed to upgrade to 9181 and at least regained the ability to load more than one dvd file to the "To BD" window, not by dragging & dropping, but at least i can get them into the window - suppose i should be grateful for that miracle. But still no verification, and interesting, when i verify the burnt disk using ImgBurn, it gets so many "mis-compares" i end up having to select "ignore".

Really stable software guys, my hat's off to you

Comment

and today i lost the newly re-acquired ability to load more than one dvd file to blu-ray copy

does anyone have any suggestions

Comment

You can load plenty of DVD sources. I have attached a screenshot that shows four DVDs loaded. If you want help on the forum, my first suggestion is that you lose some of the attitude, otherwise you will be mostly talking to yourself as this thread illustrates. If you have a license for this module, you can also ask for help on the DVDFab website under the Support tab.
          Attached Files
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

you know, you'd be right except i don't see any attitude in the first 2 posts - so what's to loose. I don't doubt you were able to load more than one file, as i was able to originally, but as the title of the thread explains, functions of this software seem to corrode or corrupt and dis-appear with time.

in the meantime, dvdfab hasn't been too busy to send me a dozen or so ads to buy the newest lifetime discounted package

it's kind of difficult to not have an attitude at this point, and at least offers some satisfaction or relief of the frustration.

and in the meantime, i'm using imgburn to do the same thing the "dvd to bd" software does, albeit without the menu

What's really odd, is that i have 5 different video software programs and this is the only one that demonstrates an extreme lack of stability

Comment

Working...
            X