X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.0.4.0 - Fantastic BluRay to DVD

Well just installed the latest version. So far Excellent

Converted down to a DVD9 size and it converted the DTS HD audio into 6channel AC3. Aspect ratio looks perfect too.

Fantastic. Just a shame it is yet another module you have to purchase separately. Why is it not part of the BluRay ripper module?

Originally posted by eon_designs View Post
    Fantastic. Just a shame it is yet another module you have to purchase separately. Why is it not part of the BluRay ripper module?
    It is a different product that is not a normal part of BD Ripper in the eyes of the company. When you buy a car, the optional upgrades are not free. There will be at least two ways that it will be available free to existing customers and new customers. The details will be released shortly.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I may have spoken a little too soon.

Although the DVD created plays perfectly on my computer, when playing back on my TVIX box it is very stuttery and completely out of sync :-(

Doing a few more tests and will report back.

My TVIX box plays back everything else perfectly - ISO's, DVD rips, BluRays, MKV's etc. It just does not like this version that FAB just created.

I will post more as I get it.

Comment

I am happy to announce I had great success with my first use of the Blue-Ray to DVD feature of DVDFab. Well, one little problem though, here's what happened.
        The Movie was Robin Hood that was ripped to HDD and then converted to DVD in a different folder on the HDD, after that I went to burn it to disc using ImgBurn, which I have setup to work automatically with DVDFab, I got this message:

Now would be a good time to start crying, because technically, this is
        the end of the world.
        The layer break must be between sectors 2078278 and 2086912.
        Sector 2078278 falls within VTS_01 (Title), which starts at sector 350.
        Relative to the start of VTS_01 (Title), the layer break must be between
        sectors 2077928 and 2086562.
        Relative sector 2077928 falls within PGC 1, Cell 10, which starts at
        relative sector 1888170.
        Relative to the start of Cell 10, try splitting between sectors 189758
        (370.62 MB) and 198392 (387.48 MB).
        Do you want to continue anyway? (Not Recommended!)

At that point, I changed the DVDFab setting to use the VSO Burning engine and all went well using a Sony DL 8X.
        After the successful burn, I tried the disc in a very picky Insignia (Best Buy brand) Blue-Ray player and the disc played perfectly. Then came a test in my PS3 and it played perfectly also.
        As for picture quality, I had to look hard to tell the difference between the DVD and the original Blue-Ray. The average viewer would probably never know the difference.
        Using the VSO Burning engine is a work around, but it would be nice if someone can figure out what happened with ImgBurn.
        Oh, one other thing, total rip time (using HDD, not burning to disc) was 1hour 40 minutes. Burning to disc was 35 minutes.
        Technology has surpassed humanity

Comment

Originally posted by JellyBean88 View Post
          I am happy to announce I had great success with my first use of the Blue-Ray to DVD feature of DVDFab. Well, one little problem though, here's what happened.
          The Movie was Robin Hood that was ripped to HDD and then converted to DVD in a different folder on the HDD, after that I went to burn it to disc using ImgBurn, which I have setup to work automatically with DVDFab, I got this message:

Now would be a good time to start crying, because technically, this is
          the end of the world.
          The layer break must be between sectors 2078278 and 2086912.
          Sector 2078278 falls within VTS_01 (Title), which starts at sector 350.
          Relative to the start of VTS_01 (Title), the layer break must be between
          sectors 2077928 and 2086562.
          Relative sector 2077928 falls within PGC 1, Cell 10, which starts at
          relative sector 1888170.
          Relative to the start of Cell 10, try splitting between sectors 189758
          (370.62 MB) and 198392 (387.48 MB).
          Do you want to continue anyway? (Not Recommended!)

At that point, I changed the DVDFab setting to use the VSO Burning engine and all went well using a Sony DL 8X.
          After the successful burn, I tried the disc in a very picky Insignia (Best Buy brand) Blue-Ray player and the disc played perfectly. Then came a test in my PS3 and it played perfectly also.
          As for picture quality, I had to look hard to tell the difference between the DVD and the original Blue-Ray. The average viewer would probably never know the difference.
          Using the VSO Burning engine is a work around, but it would be nice if someone can figure out what happened with ImgBurn.
          Oh, one other thing, total rip time (using HDD, not burning to disc) was 1hour 40 minutes. Burning to disc was 35 minutes.
          I also had success in my first try and my second try, I am very happy with the products as I know Fengtao and his team will only make it better.
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Well after many conversions and several burnt discs keep getting the same problem - audio is completely out of sync.

Tried various blu rays - all convert fine and play fine on the computer but as soon as you burn them to a disc and try them on a stand alone DVD player or even Blu Ray player the audio is completely out of sync.

I have tried burning the discs via Nero and ImageBurn - all result in out of sync films when played on standalone DVD players.

Such a shame, had so much hope for this :-(

Comment

Which blue rays are you trying to convert? Put up a list and I'll see if I got the same title, if I do, I'll try that title and post the results.

Comment

Main one causing issues is Armageddon

Comment

Sorry, I don't have that one.

Comment

out of sync issues

I am having out of sync in the Jonah hex.
                    Last edited by jpcmanso; 11-14-2010, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Thank goodness - I was wondering if I was the only one.

Hopefully this is something that they can sort out quickly.

Comment

Johna hex for me also.

Video quality is excellent!!

Comment

Would be nice if those who have the sync problem would post the internal and process logs for the problem Blu-rays they converted to DVD. log files are located in document-dvdfab-log.

I have Jonah Hex Blu-ray and will give that a try to see if I have same problem but I usually never have the sync problem. Until logs are posted have no way to know if it a setting problem or not. The Developers would as well need these logs to find the problem if it not a setting problem

Comment

just copied The Blu-ray Patriot which i purchased and the video and audio quality are excellent!!
                            The Johna Hex video was a rental.Maybe thats a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by vid53 View Post
                              The Johna Hex video was a rental.Maybe thats a problem?
                              give this link a read http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=122

thread is closed now.

@ eon_designs

Start a new thread as I had to close this one down
                              Last edited by AGJ; 11-15-2010, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X