Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-Ray copy vs. Blu-Ray to DVD Converter

I am getting confused here.

Am I correct in assuming that "Blu-Ray Copy" will only backup to BD5 or BD9 blanks but the new add-in "Blu-Ray to DVD converter" adds the ability to make perfect back-ups to plain old inexpensive DVDs or DVD-DL's?

Will these DVD's be blu-ray quality (so I can backup a BR movie to 2 or more dvd-dl blanks and they will play on a blu-ray player as BR quality, but also play on normal dvd players as normal dvd quality?

If the above is correct, it almost tempts me to purchase the converter, but what else does it do that makes it worth the purchase price?
    Last edited by lilewis; 11-11-2010, 03:40 PM.

Originally posted by lilewis View Post
    Am I correct in assuming that "Blu-Ray Copy" will only backup to BD5 or BD9 blanks but the new add-in "Blu-Ray to DVD converter" adds the ability to make perfect back-ups to plain old inexpensive DVDs or DVD-DL's?
    Yes.

Will these DVD's be blu-ray quality (so I can backup a BR movie to 2 or more dvd-dl blanks and they will play on a blu-ray player as BR quality, but also play on normal dvd players as normal dvd quality?
    No. BD5/9 will always surpass the DVD5/9 quality as the compression format is different. BD5/9 is in AVCHD format, which is highly compressible and very efficient and next-gen format, and DVD5/9 is in MPEG2 format.

Of course, if you're watching on a small screen TV, you won't notice much of a difference when compressing down to DVD5/9.

btw, out of curiosity, what encoding engine is used by this Blu-ray-to-DVD module?

Comment

Yes and No. The BD9/5 functions use the same inexpensive DVD blanks but will not play on a DVD player, they are Blu-ray format. The output of the Blu-ray to DVD module is DVD format that should play on any DVD player.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

New to Blu Ray to DVD Option

So if I read this correctly, using the new option Blu Ray to DVD one can backup a Blu Ray (assuming Movie Only) and basically have it compressed to a Blank DVD5 or DVD9? And it will play in a regular DVD Player (that plays blank DVD Media)? Hoping I got that correctly, now what does the quality of it compare to a purchased DVD (not a back up)? I know it won't be HD 1080 or anything but I personally would believe it has to be better even if it's not much. And if played in your Blu Ray Player, they have built in up converters so it should be worth doing this right? I'm considering this option because Blank BD are so expensive where I live but DVDR are always on sale. I only intend to backup the Movie itself anyways. Well, and the main menu when the option becomes available. I'm still new to forums so how do I know when I get a response so I don't have to search this article?

Comment

Yes, the output of this module is MPEG-2 DVD-Video and looks very good. You can encode it to fit a DVD-5 single layer or DVD-9 DL disc, with DVD-9 producing better quality. It should play on any DVD player. It has a 30-day free trial, so try it before buying to see if it meets your needs and expectations.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

you need to remember the website of your thread

Originally posted by jlo138 View Post
            I'm still new to forums so how do I know when I get a response so I don't have to search this article?
            Hi Jlo138,

Please remember the website of your thread to find the response if there is. And you will not receive any notice till now. We will consider that and improve our service quality in the near future.

Comment

Working...
            X