Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Cinavia Matter if you playback on your PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removal for Blu-ray Does Cinavia Matter if you playback on your PC?

Hello,

I'm trying to understand what Cinavia affects if you're simply ripping and converting the source into h.265 etc? If I plan on watching the converted movie on my PC, why does it matter ? I never plan on burning the movie to a blu ray disk to play in a player.

Also, maybe I'm missing something, but if I decide not to remove the C, should HD ripper continue to run and convert the source using my selected profile? Currently if I say no, the software immediately goes to 'Finish' status.

Sorry for the novice questions.

Brian

I answered my own question. Uncheck the Cinavia (reporting?) option in the configuration settings and HD ripping will process the blu Ray as expected. Appears when I upgraded to 9226, this option was automatically checked.

Comment

It depends on your playback device. Late versions of TMT and PowerDVD15 all respond to it when playing back in Blu-ray format.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
      X