Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Question Cinavia removal for SD DVD's?

With my "new" BluRay (BD) player, it does an excellent job of upconverting SD DVD's I've copied from my original collection, but now I get the Cinavia "mute" when playing. Other than trying to find an old used BD player that does not have Cinavia, will there be a Cinavia removal tool for just DVD Copy? Up to now I just buy SD DVDs and had been pleased with the upconvert when playing on a BD player. I don't want to start buying solely BD DVDs just to be able to use the removal tool and BD Copy. I should add that my "old" BD player simply gave out, otherwise I'd go back to it, which apparently didn't have Cinavia in its firmware.
    Thanks.

Read the sticky threads about this module. Standard DVD support will be added in the future.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Also will full disk support be added in the future

Comment

DVD removal date?

The future is a VERY long time. Can we at least get an estimate when Cinavia removal from DVDs might be ready?

Comment

Standard DVDs

I concur I use my blue ray player to watch my back up copy on DVD's standard,
          I also purchased the cinavia removal waiting for DVD's hopefully dvdfab team will
          Have it done, (I don't use blue ray disc's)
          Thank you

Comment

Add me to this list of people waiting for DVD functionality.

Comment

No further information is available at this time, sorry.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Standard DVDs

Waiting just like the many on here who use these products for the release of the Cinavia removal tool for the standard DVDs. Love Blu-Ray, but all my back ups are standard dvd disc.
                Hope that it comes soon, have a stack of movies that need the Cinavia removed.

Comment

The sooner the better IMO.

Comment

No one could disagree, but no date is set yet.

Comment

Removing Cinavia fro std DVDs

Cinavia has been out at least 2 years now. I would think you would have a solution for this. I like many others just use DVD and not Blueray. I think you guys are smarter than this. If you can do it for Blue Ray than it should be simpler for std DVDs. We are all anxiously waiting for this improvement.
                      Regards
                      jib01

Comment

Originally posted by jib01 View Post
                        ..... If you can do it for Blue Ray than it should be simpler for std DVDs.....
                        A natural assumption but incorrect.

Comment

Cinavia and SD DVD's

Just a note to let everyone know that I have only encountered 2 DVD's that have Cinavia. 47 Ronin and Gods of Egypt. While there may be more, this is all that I have encountered so far.
                          I to would like to see this feature in DVD's. I am also willing to wait until it is working.

Comment

Cinavia and Sd DVD's

I to can't wait for it to come out for sd dvd but you can dub them and play on an xbox 360. Here is a list of this years movies on sd dvd
                            The Visit
                            Sicario (2015)
                            Everest (2015)
                            Straight Outta Compton
                            Jem and the Holograms
                            The Last Witch Hunter
                            Crimson Peak
                            Steve Jobs
                            Legend (2015)
                            Sisters (2015)
                            The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2
                            Norm of the North
                            The Choice
                            Dirty Grandpa
                            Gods of Egypt

You can go here http://blog.dvdfab.cn/cinavia-protection.html for a full list of what movies have it.

Comment

We are working on DVD solution for Cinavia removal, please be patient, thanks.
                              DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                              http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Working...
                              X