Cinavia removed, but sound quality issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removal for Blu-ray Cinavia removed, but sound quality issues

Not sure what mpls your version of CinaviaRemoval HD of Sicario uses, but when repairing my retail R1 TrueHD 7.1 audio track, the sound has dropouts and echo. I suspect that your audio track repair may be from a different source than the version on my retail Bluray. Have you checked your repaired track about 10 minutes in to see if it is correct when the movie gets to the news reporter covering the explosion in Arizona and the subsequent conversation? That is where it seems to be a problem. Thanks for checking. I haven't had this issue before with repaired tracks.

Thanks for the report, will check it. Please attach the DVDFab internal log session for Removal for this title, directions for this linked in my sig, below.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for taking a look. I am pretty sure this is the correct log.
      Attached Files

Comment

The CinaviaRemoval HD parts of the log look normal but there is this in the middle of it:

13m 42.05s: opening drive G
        13m 42.42s: opened i/o
        13m 42.42s: got media type 4
        13m 42.99s: got max lba 4146881
        13m 42.99s: got disc type 10
        13m 43.05s: type DVD-VIDEO
        13m 43.05s: volume label JEM_AND_THE_HOLOGRAMS

and while this should have no effect on the repaired audio, it's not a good idea. Could also be a player issue, let's see what others report with this title.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          The CinaviaRemoval HD parts of the log look normal but there is this in the middle of it:

13m 42.05s: opening drive G
          13m 42.42s: opened i/o
          13m 42.42s: got media type 4
          13m 42.99s: got max lba 4146881
          13m 42.99s: got disc type 10
          13m 43.05s: type DVD-VIDEO
          13m 43.05s: volume label JEM_AND_THE_HOLOGRAMS

and while this should have no effect on the repaired audio, it's not a good idea. Could also be a player issue, let's see what others report with this title.
          I believe that I had that DVD in my 2nd drive. Shouldn't have had any effect, but I will re-run without it in there and see what happens.

Would love to hear from other users if they had sound problems (specific location of when it occurs in my initial post)!

Comment

Cinavia purchase

I just purchased the Cinavia removal tool and am I correct in assuming that any movie that I burn from this point forward will automatically remove the cinavia protection from it.

Comment

Originally posted by ddemarti View Post
              I just purchased the Cinavia removal tool and am I correct in assuming that any movie that I burn from this point forward will automatically remove the cinavia protection from it.
              No. Please read all of the stickies in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by walris View Post
                I believe that I had that DVD in my 2nd drive. Shouldn't have had any effect, but I will re-run without it in there and see what happens.

Would love to hear from other users if they had sound problems (specific location of when it occurs in my initial post)!
                Try a different playback device if possible as well.

Comment

OK, so I have re-run DVDFab9.2.3.7 on my retail Sicario Region A Blu-ray and the sound playback is now fine after a successful Cinavia track repair. No idea what happened when I ran this before, because I did have all finds of strange boom effects. So lesson learned for me is to stop all other running applications and only have one DVD/BD in the drive when running DVDFab. Thanks!

Comment

Glad to hear it is OK now, it is possible you had multiple downloads of the repair data that did not mesh correctly. If it happpens again, go to the CinaviaRemoval HD page in Common Settings and use the control to flush the cache (see capture).
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X