Blue Jasmine (2014) & some general questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Question Blue Jasmine (2014) & some general questions

First post in the Cinavia subforum, so I apologize in advance if the questions have been answered or are frowned-upon (like asking when an unsupported title will be supported).

1. I purchased the Cinavia-removal option, and the disc that I currently have to test (Blue Jasmine) does not yet appear to be supported. Will this title be supported? If so, any time soon?

2. I see that the DVDFab detects Cinavia in the full disc. However, once I've copied it with DVDFab (either with the Full Disc or Main Movie option), DVDFab no longer detects Cinavia in the copy. Is this the expected behavior? Must one always have the full, original disc (not even a DVDFab-made full-copy of it) for the Cinavia to be detected (and, more importantly, later removed by DVDFab, once the title is supported)? I used another command-line tool, which did detect the Cinavia in the copies, so clearly it's possible. I had borrowed the movie to test, and it would be nice if I could copy it now, and then use DVDFab to remove the Cinavia, once the title is supported (again, for testing). I can see this being a popular use-case, so I hope that it's the intention to support this. The requirement of having the original disc (if, indeed, that is a requirement, and I'm not missing something) is definitely a drawback.

3. I'm a bit disappointed, since I don't have any of the titles from the supported list to test. I'm sure that I can get hold of one soon, but to be honest, most of the movies on the supported list aren't that appealing to me (there were a handful that were, but much less than I'd hoped). I initially (and mistakenly, so my fault) thought that the full list of Cinavia titles from the DVDFab page was the supported list. The full list isn't even that large. I guess that Cinavia is less-pervasive than I'd thought. It's probably a good thing that it's not used more, but I'm starting to wonder how useful this tool will actually be to me (not DVDFab, of course, which I've used for many years and is excellent, but the Cinavia-removal).

Thanks, in advance, for any insight that can be provided.

Hi Peter
    I suggest you read all the sticky threads about this new function, most of the questions are already answered there. Support for all titles will be provided eventually; 3 new ones were added today. If the title you need is already on the list, support for it will be added.

As to 2), yes this is normal. The tool must look for special signatures in the original disc since there are so many different versions of a given title; processing with Full Disc mode removes these signatures. If you want to delay burning a backup or further processing for some reason, you can try making a protected ISO or p-iso. This is an optional step with either Clone mode in DVDFab or Passkey's rip-to-image function. It is basically a Clone of the original with the copy protection retained. There is a 'How-to' in the Knowledge Base forum. I have tried making a few of these but by no means have all titles been tested for p-iso compatability. Think of it as a workaround that may or may not be effective.

3) is subjective and a function of your personal preferences in movies. As such there is no answer. I can only point out that more titles will likely have it as time goes on.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

signals,

Thank you for your reply. It's very helpful.

-Peter

Comment

Working...
      X