Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I still copy without removing Cinavia?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Question Can I still copy without removing Cinavia?

Up until now I have been copying my movies to MP4 without removing Cinavia, because the players I use do not seem to be affected.

With the latest DVDFab update, it seems that that is no longer possible. DVDFab will not allow me to copy my Cinavia marked movies. It wants me to purchase the Cinavia Removal Tool, but I do not really need it.

Is there a way to continue using DVDFab to copy my Cinavia protected disks without using Cinavia Removal?

This is a real problem.

Thank you for many years of happy DVDFab use!

Although it should not be necessary, you can turn CinaviaRemoval HD off completely from inside Common Settings. See the attached capture.
    Attached Files
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Confused

Forgive me if I am posting in the incorrect place, but this is my first time in any forum.
      I am a bit confused about this CinaviRemoval. I have purchased the DVD Fab Copy, Ripper, Blu-Ray Copy, BR Riper Vid converter, DVD Creator & DVD to Blu-ray lifetime editions. Now correct me if I am wrong, but aren’t these supposed to remove any copy protection and be updated “for life” to remove any copy protection? Why are we being asked to pay again to buy another program to remove a copy protection when we have already paid for programs that supposed to do that and be updated “for life” Is it only me that is feeling ripped off and coned hear?

Comment

Cinavia message

Originally posted by Stuart CC View Post
        Forgive me if I am posting in the incorrect place, but this is my first time in any forum.
        I am a bit confused about this CinaviRemoval. I have purchased the DVD Fab Copy, Ripper, Blu-Ray Copy, BR Riper Vid converter, DVD Creator & DVD to Blu-ray lifetime editions. Now correct me if I am wrong, but aren’t these supposed to remove any copy protection and be updated “for life” to remove any copy protection? Why are we being asked to pay again to buy another program to remove a copy protection when we have already paid for programs that supposed to do that and be updated “for life” Is it only e me that is feeling ripped off and coned hear?
        I have seen that message but it has not prevented me from backing up my discs. You can just click on it to turn it off. It shows up just to let you know that you can buy that option if you need to. As far as you feeling ripped off , i dont think you can find a more versatile or better value than dvdfab. If you really wanted to feel like you may have been conned, i wont mention the other program's name, but it uses a picture of a fox now. Many there have experienced that feeling.

Comment

Stuart
          You are late to the game of complaining about CinaviaRemoval HD not being free. It has been discussed to death and will not be again. It has been included with the All-in-One Package since its release. Depending on what you bought and when, you may already have it.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Indeed.....

Really....don't be mad. As it was explained to me this Cinavia nonsense is only a relatively new effort by the moguls to stop you, the average Joe punter, from fair use backing up of your legally purchased media.
            When a new protection turns up, the mad scientist at DVFab have got to spend time and money on it so you can carry on legally backing your media up. That unfortunately costs money and it is that cost that is passed onto the customer.
            I too like you have lifetime licences and like you, I tried to debate the “lifetime licence” angle. However in all fairness to Signals and the rest of them at DVDFab bat central, they can NOT predict, fore tell and or divine the future and it would be impractically business wise for to try and do so.
            If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at those who manufacture your DVD/Blue Ray player for including the need for Cinavia. Be mad at the moguls for coming up with it in the first place to prevent you from fair and reasonable use of your legally purchased media..
            The only other thing I can suggest is sign up for the newsletter, they usually come out with some very good discounts from time to time. Maybe you might get lucky with the Cinavia module in that regard.
            As for me, Cinavia is not an issue so far here in New Zealand so I can afford to wait and besides my old DVD player probably does recognize Cinavia so maybe that wait might even longer?!

Comment

A good perspective from downunda to end this thread.

Comment

Working...
              X