X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Basic Questions about DVDFAB's Cinavia Removal Tool

Forum Members,

I am requesting your assistance in answering some basic questions about Cinavia removal & DVDFab's DVD Copy program. I have looked at other posts on this forum but I just want to confirm my understanding of this program (please excuse me if I missed something). Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me.

1) Is it correct that to bypass the Cinavia protection to make a backup copy of my DVD, I have to purchase your DVD Cinavia Removal program as an extra? Is it accurate to say that my copy of DVD Copy on its own won't work to bypass Cinavia? I looked at the updated changes to DVD Copy for version 10.0.4.8. at http://www.dvdfab.cn/dvd-fab-new.htm and read: “New: Added the support to remove the Cinavia protections found on the Blu-ray versions of Fifty Shades Darker, La La Land, Coming Home, and the DVD versions of Patriots Day and John Wick: Chapter 2.”

Does this mean that in the version of DVDFab Copy that was updated it now incorporates Cinavia removal for these titles or do I still need to separately purchase your DVD Cinavia Removal program in order to remove the Cinavia?

2) I read that for both the DVD and Blu-Ray versions of the Cinavia Removal program, you can only use it for the Main Movie. Does this mean that there is no Cinavia protection for the extras like the Deleted Scenes or Making of programs and that they will play without any problems on a DVD player (even if the main movie doesn't)?

3) Do I need to purchase the Cinavia Removal tool if I am only making a copy on my external hard drive for me to play later on with a media player on my laptop computer? In other words, will my copy that didn't remove the Cinavia protection, still play without any problems if I am not burning the copy to a DVD to play on a DVD player? – basically, I will only play it on my computer.

4) If I decide to purchase DVDFAB's Cinavia Removal tool, how do I get it to work with my existing DVD Copy program? Does it automatically update itself to include Cinavia removal when I make the purchase?

I know these are a lot of questions, but hopefully some forum members can assist me to determine if I wish to purchase the Cinavia Removal tool at this time. Thanks again.

thegiff

Originally posted by thegiff View Post
    Forum Members,

I am requesting your assistance in answering some basic questions about Cinavia removal & DVDFab's DVD Copy program. I have looked at other posts on this forum but I just want to confirm my understanding of this program (please excuse me if I missed something). Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me.

1) Is it correct that to bypass the Cinavia protection to make a backup copy of my DVD, I have to purchase your DVD Cinavia Removal program as an extra? Is it accurate to say that my copy of DVD Copy on its own won't work to bypass Cinavia? I looked at the updated changes to DVD Copy for version 10.0.4.8. at http://www.dvdfab.cn/dvd-fab-new.htm and read: “New: Added the support to remove the Cinavia protections found on the Blu-ray versions of Fifty Shades Darker, La La Land, Coming Home, and the DVD versions of Patriots Day and John Wick: Chapter 2.”

Does this mean that in the version of DVDFab Copy that was updated it now incorporates Cinavia removal for these titles or do I still need to separately purchase your DVD Cinavia Removal program in order to remove the Cinavia?
    Yes

2) I read that for both the DVD and Blu-Ray versions of the Cinavia Removal program, you can only use it for the Main Movie. Does this mean that there is no Cinavia protection for the extras like the Deleted Scenes or Making of programs and that they will play without any problems on a DVD player (even if the main movie doesn't)?
    No, not necessarily. Only the main feature is repaired.

3) Do I need to purchase the Cinavia Removal tool if I am only making a copy on my external hard drive for me to play later on with a media player on my laptop computer? In other words, will my copy that didn't remove the Cinavia protection, still play without any problems if I am not burning the copy to a DVD to play on a DVD player? – basically, I will only play it on my computer.
    It depends on your player software. Some respond to Cinavia,some do not. DVDFab Media Player does not, nor does VLC Player. PowerDVD16 does however.

4) If I decide to purchase DVDFAB's Cinavia Removal tool, how do I get it to work with my existing DVD Copy program? Does it automatically update itself to include Cinavia removal when I make the purchase?
    Yes. It is a complex subject, for sure.

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by thegiff View Post
      I've never run across any Cinavia protection for the extras. It is the main movie that the studios want to protect.

Comment

I have a question about Cinavia removal. I tried Patriots Day and found that when I put the disk in, Fab came up with the "main movie" and showed the AC3 to have the audio fixed.
        I was wondering if I backed up the entire disk would removal still work.
        Might be nice to have the extras if possible.
        Thank you for your time.

Comment

Sorry, Full Disc copy mode is not currently supported. You can read the FAQ here: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-faq#post31379
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X