Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removal for Blu-ray Problem: Cinavia Removal introduces audio errors

Hello DVDFab Team,
    I mainly bought the full DVDFab Suite instead of products from competitors, because your website promises a complete Cinavia Removal without audio quality loss or it is at least "infinitely close to the original one" so the human ear can't detect it.
    Unfortunately I have made a different experience doing a "Full Disc" backup with the option "Remove Cinavia" on the Movie "Django Unchained (2012)".

Most of the time the backed up movie has perfect sound quality, but the cinavia removal introduces several audio peak errors where for a split second you can hear an extremely loud hiss, sometimes on both ears and sometimes only one one (I use a pair of good headphones to listen). That's not really acceptable of the, because it's really annoying to watch a movie with these errors.
    I did the following tests:
    1) watching the movie in a standard bluray player with the original disc: no audio errors
    2) watching an ISO version created withe the Full Disc mode WITHOUT cinavia removal turned on: no audio errors
    3) watching an ISO version created withe the Full Disc mode WITH cinavia removal turned on: audio errors throughout the movie f.e. around minute 43 and at the end when the credit rolls.
    I did step three multiple times, with the output of three individual ISO files. All have the same problem consistently.

I don't know, if this is a general problem with your Software for Cinavia Removal, or if it is just an error with this particular cinavia correction files you have to download before ripping this specific movie.

I hope you take this problem seriously, because it renders the Cinavia Removal option for me unusable / unpractical, as I have to check every ISO for these errors before going on.

Thank you for your help.

Thanks for this valuable feedback. Each set of repair files is individually hand made for each title, so I don't think this is a systematic problem. I have the disc of this title and will also try it. Each title that is released is spot checked for A/V sync, general audio quality and so on, but not every second may be monitored. Note that there are 4-5 versions of this in Blu-ray and all of them may not be supported equally well. Some of them may not have existed when the repair files were made. Please attach the DVDFab internal log session (per this: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5) that shows the Removal for this title.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply.
      By the way I am new to this forum and accidently created the topic twice, because I didn't get a confirmation the positing was actually successful. This check postings limitation is very annoying.

I can provide you with timestamps (H:MM:SS), where this error happens.
      I would recommend to check at least +/-20 seconds as the errors could be slightly moved from copy to copy (in my experience, may be wrong):
      - 0:43:24
      - 2:42:40
      I am pretty sure, there are more errors in the movie, but I watched the movie a few days ago, so I don't want to watch it right now again .

I have some other Blurays with Cinavia protection as well and will test them. If this happens more often, maybe it would be nice to have a section in this forum, where you can post Cinavia errors with the movie and timestamps, or maybe a pinned post will suffice as well.
      I certainly will watch all the other movies, where I will remove the Cinavia protection and post errors here.

Comment

The delay in posting is part of our spammer defense it is explained in some of the stuff for newbies and is one reason you find very littlel of it here. We really hate it. The delay is is temporary only; I deleted the duplicate post, np. Please include the DVDFab internal log session I requested, it will identify the version of the disc you have and the repair files that were supplied (for Django). This happens only rarely, most things like this are caught in Quality Control.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Okay, I added the log to this post.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by FCKDRM View Post
            Okay, I added the log to this post.
            Thank you for the report, we will check as soon as possible.

Comment

I don't know how long a fix like this usually takes. Could you please give me an estimate how long it will take and send me a message here if it has been fixed? Thank you.

Comment

There is no way to tell how long it will take. My version of the disc (US, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) does not have the Cinavia infection..

Comment

Working...
                X