Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Cinavia (removal) adversely affect DTS output when ripping or copying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removal for Blu-ray Can Cinavia (removal) adversely affect DTS output when ripping or copying?

I have had a long-time problem importing DVDFab output from rip and copy using passthrough. The resulting file's DTS tracks will import into my (third party) editing app, but the audio will not play. (I can play these files in video players and the DTS audio track is really there.) Some of the DTS audio that I rip or copy will import correctly into this editing app but most will not.

As such, I am wondering if this could be an artifact in DVDFab's DTS audio output due to Cinavia...

Because of this problem I cannot reliably use any of the passthrough profiles, as I need to convert the original DTS to AAC to get around this. Alternatively, I may need to first do a folder or ISO main feature copy and then rip the resulting m2ts files to get a file with audio that the video editing app will accept. Since dual conversion workaround is time-consuming and most likely degrades the video, I'd like to find a solution to this problem.

Please list some of the Repaired titles that will not open in the editor. If the titles will play in a licensed player like PowerDVD then there is nothing wrong with them.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have reexamined a few of the titles I am having this problem with. I no longer think that Cinavia is the problem. However, the problem is audio related. I have been able to resolve it partially by extracting to MP4/AAC

Comment

Working...
      X