Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoot 'Em Up question

Hi
    I'm new to the forum and have a question regarding "Shoot 'Em Up". First has anyone tried backing up this film? Do I need to post the burn log? The process will start after analyzing the disc and then about a quarter of the way y into the copy process, a message pops up "runtime error". Is there a thread that covered this toppic? I'm trying to back up the entire disc, is this posible or will I only be able to back up the movie only? Thank you for your time.

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad if you want to read them. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file. The log files can be attached to a post using the "Manage Attachments" button below the editing box.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
    If this happens with all discs or just one
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
    If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

Originally posted by patkelly1967 View Post
      Hi
      I'm new to the forum and have a question regarding "Shoot 'Em Up". First has anyone tried backing up this film? Do I need to post the burn log? The process will start after analyzing the disc and then about a quarter of the way y into the copy process, a message pops up "runtime error". Is there a thread that covered this toppic? I'm trying to back up the entire disc, is this posible or will I only be able to back up the movie only? Thank you for your time.
      That movie is over a year old so try turning off Pathplayer.
      If that does not work then post the logs.

I did movie only in August of 2009 without a problem.

Comment

The internal log (and process log if there is one) will be more important than the burn log for a problem like this.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you all for your response and advice. I'll make sure to post any log information I have with my next problem. Thank you again.

Comment

Ok I tried it again and this is what I found in the log:

18:17:51: Analyzing of DVD started
            18:18:38: Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
            18:18:38: Copy process started
            18:24:37: Task_1 failed! Error=102()

I don't know what Error=102() means or what I could do about it. I'll try again and see if disabling the pathplayer will work. I just wanted to post the log for reference.

I also found this. Don't know if it helps:
            Info for drive [E:\] (DVDFab 8.0.4.0)
            Drive region: 1

Disc media: DVD
            Disc type: DVD-Video
            Disc region: 1
            Volume name: SHOOT_EM_UP
            Video standard: NTSC
            Layer 0 size: 2027088 sectors (3959 MBytes)
            Layer 1 size: 2027088 sectors (3959 MBytes)

CSS (Content Scramble System) protection is removed!
            RC (Region Code) protection is removed!
            RCE (Region Code Enhancement) protection is not found.
            APS (Analog Protection System) protection is not found.
            UOPs (User Operation Prohibitions) protection is removed!

Invalid PTTs protection is removed!
            Invalid PGCIs protection is not found.
            Invalid PGCs protection is not found.
            Invalid TMAPs protection is not found.
            Invalid CELLs protection is removed!
            Invalid VOBUs protection is removed!
            Fake vts protection is not found!
            Potential bad sector (vts:1 title begin:0 end:34890) is removed!
            Potential bad sector (vts:5 title begin:91535 end:100873) is removed!
            Potential bad sector (vts:7 title begin:92206 end:93895) is removed!
            Potential bad sector (vts:7 title begin:249680 end:251413) is removed!
            Potential bad sector (vts:7 title begin:357651 end:359334) is removed!
            5 potential bad sector protections are removed!
            Structure protection (ARccOS, RipGuard, etc.) is removed!

PathPlayer is enabled!
            Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:3 cell:1) is removed!
            Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:4 cell:1) is removed!
            Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:5 cell:1) is removed!
            Unplayable cell (vts:5 title pgc:9 cell:1) is removed!
            4 unplayable cells are removed!
            Last edited by patkelly1967; 12-06-2010, 12:43 AM.

Comment

102 DVD_Error_ReadFile,

Is the disk dirty?
              Is the disk scratched?

Comment

I disabled the Pathplayer and the only issue was an error message that gave me four options: Retry, Abort, Ignore, Ignore All.
                I clicked Ignore All and the program ran. I was able to back up the entire DVD including menus and Interactual content. Watching film now just to check continuity. When I tried backing up Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen, all the scenes were thrown out of order. So far that hasn't happened here. Thank you again for your time and assistance.
                Last edited by patkelly1967; 12-06-2010, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Hi patkelly1967

Those were not the logs that AGJ, Gruñón, and Signals had suggested, but if it is working for you then I'm glad
                  just remember to set PathPlayer back to Always Enabled.
                  ...if not
                  Please post you logs the default location is:
                  For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s) and post right here.

Also try updating the the latest version found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=10060

CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                  X