Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is DVD HD Decrypter and how do I use it???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is DVD HD Decrypter and how do I use it???

OK, I've been a DVDfab user for several years but you have diced up the functionality into so many different products now that I'm seriously thinking of changing to XXXXXX

I want to rip and burn DVDs and for this I have a DVD Fab DVD Copy license (at least I think this is what the DVD Copy license gives me) (?) I would like to rip Blu-Ray discs to my computer drive (this is what DVD decrypter used to do for DVDs).

My understanding is that DVD HD decrypter (free) will allow me to do this and that, in fact, this should be an option in DVD copy. But there appears to be no option to rip and decrypt the Blu-Rays to disk (other than Blu-Ray ripper, which is a separate product.....). So what does the free HD decrypter software do now and how do I access it?

Thanks

Keith
    (Frustrated!)
    Last edited by AGJ; 12-14-2010, 01:34 AM. Reason: General Policies

DVDFab HD Decryptor is a free stripped down version of the paid DVD Copy and DVD Blu-ray Copy. As for the functionality it is still the same but instead of having different programs to install the creator of DVDFab has chosen to have all options in one module and has given the purchaser the option to buy what is needed.

I want to rip and burn DVDs and for this I have a DVD Fab DVD Copy license (at least I think this is what the DVD Copy license gives me)
    Yes that is what you get for DVDFab DVD Copy

If you just need to rip Blu-ray to hard drive then give DVDFab Blu-ray Copy a try as it has 30 day free trial and after the 30 day is over it will revert to the free DVDFab HD Decryptor which has limitations and you can check link below to see what those limitations are

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING DVDFab HD Decrypter

Comment

Hi sktn77a,

DVDFab HD Decrypter contains four copy options :

DVD Copy - Full Disc
      DVD Copy - Main Movie
      Blu-ray Copy - Full Disc
      Blu-ray Copy - Main Movie

You have no need to download it separately, please click on the above modes to copy movies to hard drive(compression is not available in this free version).

Regards,

mona

Comment

When I went to download the DVD Fab HD Decrypter program, it appears to take me to the same link as the Current DVD Copy download - the file name and version is the same, hence my thinking that DVD Fab HD Decrypter is contained within DVD Copy? Is this the case? I don't want to download a (trial? free?) version of HD Decrypter if it's the same as DVD copy and/or it's going to mess up my CSS DVD copy installation.

Enlightenment would be gretaly appreciated!

Keith

Comment

Also remember that not all DVDs and Blu-rays can be decoded with the HD Decrypter version. Updates for new protection can be delayed in some cases. DVDFab is split into options so that you can buy what you need and not pay for things that you don't. Not sure why this is frustrating for you.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It is the same installer. Doubtful that it could mess up anything.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

OK, I tried the Blu-Ray copy option as suggested by Mona and it started the 1 month trial of the stand alone program - not the free DVD HD decrypter program. So this option does not appear to be DVD HD decrypter as it expires in 1 month.

What's the deal?

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by sktn77a View Post
                OK, I tried the Blu-Ray copy option as suggested by Mona and it started the 1 month trial of the stand alone program - not the free DVD HD decrypter program. So this option does not appear to be DVD HD decrypter as it expires in 1 month.

What's the deal?

Keith
                Your question was answered in post #2..............

"If you just need to rip Blu-ray to hard drive then give DVDFab Blu-ray Copy a try as it has 30 day free trial and after the 30 day is over it will revert to the free DVDFab HD Decryptor which has limitations and you can check link below to see what those limitations are"

Comment

What's the deal?

Keith
                  read post #2 as the trial is used and once finished reverts to the free version

Comment

Originally posted by dvdphantom View Post
                    read post #2 as the trial is used and once finished reverts to the free version
                    Thanks, I did read post 2. I have a paid version of DVD Copy. Right now I am just using the features of Blu-Ray copy that (I assume) exist in HD Decrypter. If I understand you correctly, then, nothing will change for DVD Copy after the 1 month Blu-Ray copy trial period has expired and Blu-Ray copy functionality will revert to the free HD decypter features?

And these will be ??? (the same as in post 4?)

Keith

Comment

Thanks, I did read post 2. I have a paid version of DVD Copy. Right now I am just using the features of Blu-Ray copy that (I assume) exist in HD Decrypter. If I understand you correctly, then, nothing will change for DVD Copy after the 1 month Blu-Ray copy trial period has expired and Blu-Ray copy functionality will revert to the free HD decypter features?

And these will be ??? (the same as in post 4?)

Keith
                      Hi sktn77a
                      You are correct HD Decrypter resides in the copy and ripper modules to remove the copy protection on your disc's. The developer has set up the program up so that once the 30 day trial is over, you will no longer be able to compress, or burn with the program for the modules that you used in the trial,and did not purchase.
                      You will still be able to decrypt, compress, and burn with the modules that you have purchased.
                      Open Fab click the ? click about this will show you the options you have purchased ,are using in trial mode, or on the bottom it should say "never expire" under HD Decrypter.

Remember that the "free" HD Decrypter has a waiting period of at least 60 days or more for removing the protection on newer films.

And yes AGJ summed this up in post #2

CBR929
                      Last edited by CBR929; 12-14-2010, 03:47 AM. Reason: text
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi sktn77a,

We express our sincere sorry for the confusion brought to you. Since we haven't made DVDFab HD Decrypter an individual installer and individual option, yet embed it into DVDFab installer and main screen, which make you confused.

You have a paid version of DVD Copy, then you can use all the 8 copy modules.
                        You have already tried Blu-ray Copy 30 days for free and didn't pay for it to get the license, then the only two modes left for you to use are Full disc and main movie, that means "revert to the free DVDFab HD Decryptor which has limitations ".

Hope this helps to talk through for you.

Best regards,
                        --
                        Sunny
                        ________
                        UGGS
                        Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X