Registation not sticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registation not sticking

I tried the free 30 day trial on a linux machine with Wine. And it worked GREAT. So I bought the bundle for DVDcopy and DEDrip for 2 years.

But every time i try to register. It Will not register. I have read a good many of the forum tips trying it. and i got 3 emails with instructions and keys.. 1 email for dvdcopy. 1 email for dvdrip. And then another email that had the key combined. I have cut and pasted.. I have clicked the file. Dvdfab would restart but the registration would still be expired.

The reason it is on the linux machine useing Wine. It is my home server and that is where i have all my ripped movies. I do not want to tie up my other computer since i use it as a business machine.

DVDFAB worked great. Just can not register.

And i agree with another poster.. The log in letters you read are WAY to small. I had to use 2 pair of glasses to try and read them. Took me 3 tries to get it right.

I understand you can only install the program on 2 computers. So not really an option to install on another one right now.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Ramjet306; 12-16-2010, 05:11 AM. Reason: addition information

Sorry you are having trouble with this. We do have a small number of linux users in the community, hopefully one of them will see this and give you some ideas.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The registration mechanism that DVDFab uses is not compatible with Wine. It was identified by the Wine developers but is not high enough priority to have been fixed.

The free HD Decryptor will work for most titles and allow you to copy the discs to the hard drive using Wine. Otherwise you will need to use DVDFab on a Windows machine or within VirtualBox. Sorry, there is no workaround.

Comment

Complication is right. I use Linux for majority of my needs but unfortunately Fab is one of those apps you have to run on Windows. A while ago, I tried anything and everything to get Fab to work on Linux, wasted a lot of my time trying to figure out how to get the issues you're having resolved, no success. As Complication mentioned, virtualization would be one way to get around that. I know this sounds discouraging, but I thought I'd share my experience with the community.

Comment

I checked out VirtualBox. Only problem with that is you have to install an operating windows system. And i do not have one laying around that is not already registered. $80 plus cost of operating system is a bit much. Hopefully someone else with more linux experience than me. Which is very little. Will notice the message.

Comment

You are making an assumption that it is your lack of experience with Linux that is the problem. You do realize that many highly experienced Linux people (including 2 that just responded to you) have determined that it is not possible without a fix to Wine? I would hazard a guess that the Wine developers do not spend time reading DVDFab forums. You might want to try the Wine bug tracking system.

BTW, if you can only use the free part of DVDFab on Wine then you haven't used the license and can install it on another Windows machine in the house. You could copy several DVDs to the hard drive and then use Ripper in queue mode to convert them in a batch overnight while the machine is not in use.

Comment

Thanks Complication for the reply. I am ripping my dvds about 380 and counting right now to iso format. Just the main movie. ISO rips are so much faster than to mp4 or avi. And I use a linux box as a mediaserver for transcoding to the different players around the house. And of course the mediaserver is linux based also.

I like DvdFab a lot. So easy to use. But 1 other question. When i go into the options menu. They all are blank. Is this normal for the trial version?

Going to wonder over to WineHQ and post on their forum. Who knows maybe they will read it. Crying shame it will not work with wine. Or under linux. Seems everyone is going digital with their movies now days. I know 380 dvds take a lot more space than 380 files on a small nas.

Comment

I looked for your post but have not seen anything concerning this issue on the Wine HQ forums today and only 7 people are interested in wanting DVDFAB working in Crossover office at the Codeweavers web site. If there is a fix to allow you to register the product I am betting it will come from Codeweavers first. Until then you need to make do the best way you can. On the other hand, with only 7 votes, I do not see much effort any time soon.

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibi...me?app_id=4106.

Comment

Working...
                X